chapter forty six

Start from the beginning

The ginger pointed towards the bathroom attached to her room and I started the water and when I was stripped and inside the shower, Chloe came into the bathroom.

"I'm sorry I made you feel bad for going after your dream. I was scared that you'd get there and forget all about me and the baby. I didn't want to raise this baby alone but I would. And I just wanted all of your attention. I know it was selfish of me but I guess... I guess I just got too jealous and insecure. I let it cloud my thoughts. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was mean to you. You didn't deserve any of that." Chloe spoke while the hot water ran down my body. I didn't want to smell like a party, drugs and alcohol while I hung out and I wanted to get rid of my buzz.

I quickly finished up the shower, rinsed and turned the water off. Chloe handed me my towel and I wrapped it around my waist before stepping out.

"I'm sorry I made you feel like there was a chance you had to do it alone. I know I got way too excited and thought only for myself. I thought I could figure things out but I was somewhere else when you needed me first. The label could have waited and even if they couldn't, I should have been okay with that. But it was my dream. I felt like I was losing everything around me and that was the one thing I could hold onto. Little did I know I was the cause of all the heartbreaks."

"You weren't the only one to blame. I know I could have been more supportive. I shouldn't have exploded on you like that."

I shook my head and gently cupped her cheek, "You were carrying our baby. You had to think about them too. I'm sorry I wasn't with you that night. I'm sorry I was too drunk to pick up the phone. You shouldn't have had to go through that alone."

Chloe's eyes welled up with tears and she leaned more into my hand, grabbing my other hand in her own, "We were both grieving in other ways. Maybe as tragic as it is, we weren't ready to raise a child."

"Maybe not. But I hope when the time comes for a family, it's with you. I came back for you. I wanted to make things right with you and take a chance and try because you deserve that much. If not, at least you deserve the closure. I love you Chloe Beale."

I could hear her breath hitch in her throat and a few tears slipped past her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. As gently as I could I wiped them away with the pad of my thumb.

"I love you more, y/n Mitchell." Chloe whispered.

"can I kiss you?"

"please."

Bringing her face close to my own our lips brushed against one another before molding as one. The kiss was electric and sent shock waves throughout my body. Kissing her was like kissing her for the first time all over again. Her fingers tangled in the back of my hair and we kissed until air was becoming an issue.

"The things you do to me y/n." Chloe giggled, her eyes still closed and her lips were slightly parted. I pushed some strands of hair behind her ear before admiring her.

"I missed kissing you." I mumbled.

Chloe bit her bottom lip and sighed, "I missed everything about you."

I smirked, leaning down and placing one long and tender kiss to her neck, allowing my lips to linger a little more than I should have.

"Get dressed and come downstairs, we're gonna watch a movie." Chloe breathed heavily, her eyes dark and lust filled. She gave me a glance before she left the bathroom and the door clicked behind her.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Glad to have all that off my chest and the relief and pure happiness that filled my body. I know there wasn't a label on us and we weren't jumping into a relationship by any means, it just felt nice to know that there was still that spark.