III: A Guiding Light

Link's POV:

I woke up early in the morning. There was already a buzz in the domain with Zora's walking about. I stood up and got changed behind a curtain, dressing in durable clothes for my journey.

Years before, it seemed I had travelled every inch of Hyrule. There were places I knew I could cross off from my list, but there were equally as many places I hadn't explored to their full capacity. I decided to start off somewhere high- at Plymouth mountain.

I stood where I had once defeated my first Lynel. The ground was moist and the air was cold. I thought if I had a view from up high, I would have an easier time spotting a monument. 

I walked up the hill to the diving point. As I stood up there, I truly felt like I was on top of the world. It was hard for me to connect with nature since Zelda passed, and it was difficult for me to appreciate Hyrule at all. But... when I was up there, with a warm breeze blowing at my feet, the bright sun shining on my skin, and the smell of fresh greenery surrounding me, I couldn't help but close my eyes, lift my chin, and extend my arms into the air.

I stood there, feeling at peace with Hyrule for the first time since Zelda died. I was fully enveloped in that feeling. However, the feeling was cut short by a strange twist in my gut. 

I opened my eyes, and the first thing I noticed was my hand. It was glowing again.

I stepped back, shocked. Again? I thought. I turned away from the sun to examine it and it glowed brighter.

What? I thought. What is going on?

I turned again and it grew dimmer. Confused, I stuck my hand out and spun to where I was facing before. It grew bright again.

I soon realized my hand was pointing me towards something. Where the light of my hand grew, something must have been waiting for me to find it.

I moved my hand around an observed the glowing Triforce. As I moved it along the horizon, it seemed to be glowing the brightest when I pointed it towards the hoodoos at the top of Kakariko village. 

I instantly pulled out my Sheika slate that had been worn over the years. Please tell me this thing still works, I thought to myself. I pulled up a shrine near Kakariko village and tried to teleport to it. Nothing happened.

The powers of the slate and the shrines must have grown dormant after the Ganon and Zelda's power disappeared from the world. After all, there wasn't really use for them without Ganon. It seemed as if some functions still worked, though. I started running down the hill, headed towards Kakariko village.

When I arrived at the hill, I began climbing. The hoodoos were high up, and I had to take frequent breaks on the side of the hill. I was not in the shape I once was.

I reached the top, huffing loudly. I looked around me- there was also a very good view from up there. My hand was glowing violently. I spun around, looking for where it glowed the most. Slightly to my east, my hand grew the brightest. I walked towards one of the hoodoos and saw a dense moss spot. I rubbed the moss off and saw it- the missing monument. It was hidden within the spire of rock.

I quickly uncovered it and began to read. My eyes grew wide as I read it. I wasn't sure what it meant, but I knew it was something big. 

I took out my Sheika slate, hoping the photo rune would work. I held it up and pointed it toward the monument. It took the picture.

Thank Hylia! I said under my breath.

This was something widely important. I was so excited that I couldn't focus on the words. I needed someone very wise to interpret it for me- someone who knew Hyrule's history like no other, someone who had been around for a long time.... Instead of bringing it back to the Zora, I decided I would take it to someone else.

Impa.