Episode 12 "The Man with the Bone" Part 1

Start from the beginning

I then look at Booth, "Ranger, where did they find the victim?" "They shipped him over from resort town next to a federal seaside reserve: Assateague Island." My mouth dropped a bit and I quickly looked over at Hodgins, "Did you hear that Hodgins?!" He nods, "That's where the Money Pit is." Temp then asks, "Money Pit?" Hodgins and I start to get excited as I speak, "Legend is, Assateague Island is where Blackbeard buried his treasure." Booth then looks at us as Hodgins continued, "For 300 years people have been trying to find it. They've dug it out to something like 150 feet, but they've found nothing." I then take over, "Every time they come close, they trigger a baffle that floods the pit with seawater." Zack adds, "Booby traps." I nod as Angie says, "Cool." I nod as Temp then speaks, "The body was found at a dig site." Hodgins and I look at each other as I speak, "This is the first concrete evidence that the treasure is more than a legend." He nods and continues, "I'll bet this is from one of the men who buried the treasure." Temp then cuts in, "Pure conjecture." 

I then jump suddenly scaring them, "It's a pirate." Booth gets up getting excited as well, "Wait, so the victim finds evidence that the treasure exists. Somebody else wants it all for themselves. That's certainly... that's a good motive for murder." I nod, "We need to get to that dig site and see what we can find. Hodgins pack your stuff you're coming with us." Hodgins looks at me, "Really?! I get to come?! Awesome!" Booth shakes his head, "That's okay. I-I can handle it." Hodgins then speaks, "Come on, man, share the wealth." Temp then cuts in, "We are looking for answers, Jack, not treasure." I hesitantly nod, thinking if we find the treasure, we could boost the Jeffersonians reputation up even more, which also means a happy Boss. Booth then asks, "Do you both really think that treasure exists down there?" I nod as Hodgins answers, "What do you think?" Temp then looks at all three of us, "Why are you guys smiling?" We look at each other and answer at the same time, "Pirates!" Angie then looks over at Temp, "It's a guy thing, honey and Ven has been hanging out with them to long." Angie then pulls me away from the other two and between her and Zack as I look at him, "Are you excited about this case Zack..." I didn't notice that Zack looked behind me at Angie as she gives him a nod indicating to agree with me and he looks back at me, "Yes, very interesting indeed." Booth then looks at Temp and I, "Alright let's get going." They all start leaving first and I quickly grab Zack and kissed him on the forehead out of excitement and quickly followed the rest of the group leaving a surprised Zack.

We make it to the location and Booth and I are getting really excited as Temp gives us a bit of a disgusted look, but sighs and deals with it when seeing me getting excited about it. We get out of the car as she speaks first, "So, the dead guy, Macy, ran the dig?" Booth nods, "With his partner, Hardewicke. They were hired by anyone with money to burn." Temp looked a bit disbelieved, "What, people would do that? Sane people look for treasure?" Booth looks at Temp, "Well, isn't that what archeologists do?" I snicker, "Oooohh, he got you, there sis." Temp argued back, "Archeologists are scientists who use evidence on which to base their explorations, not some pirate movie they saw when they were ten." I chuckle again as Booth speaks, "Yeah, well, that, uh, 300-year-old bone that we just found sort of, uh, changes things now, doesn't it there, Matey? What's going on over there? It's a crime scene." The deputy then speaks, "I tried to stop 'em, sir, but that's Branson Rose back there. The mayor told me to let him in." "Branson Rose is funding this dig?" "Has been for two years, but I heard he was pulling out." "All right, thanks. I'll take it from here." "Sure." Temp looks at us, "Who's Branson Rose?" Booth answers, "The billionaire adventurer. You know, he made his fortune making aircraft for the military. He owns about half the world. He's the guy who has that reality show that goes all over the world and..." I stop Booth, "We still don't have a TV, Ranger." Booth sighs, "Why do I even bother?"

We make it up the ramp as we watch two men argue, "You can't pull out now, Mr. Rose. We got a contract." "So, you can sue, but I don't think you have the resources to take me on." "Mr. Rose, we just broke 200 feet! Now, if you pull out now you could miss that!" Booth clears his throat to get their attention, but the continued talking, "I've been hearing that for two years. Get off your asses and load my gear!" Booth tries again, "Excuse me?" But they still didn't pay attention to him, "Mr. Rose, Macy-- he knew it. He felt it. This close!" Booth tried again, "Excuse me!" I chuckle as it did not work, "Two years, $2 million. There's nothing down there, Giles.  Macy died for nothing." I whistle getting both of their attention as Temp then continues to say, "FBI! You're all under arrest!" Which causes everyone to stop what they are doing as Booth sighs, "Come on, Bones, you don't get to say that. I'm the one with the badge."  Hardewicke then looks at us, "The FBI's involved now?" Booth answers, "Oh, yeah. You know, murder on federal land -- we like to, uh, poke around a little." Rose then asks, "Murder?" I nod as Temp speaks trying to sound cool, "Yeah, murder." Rose then looks at Hardewicke, "You said it was an accident." "That's what I thought." "Oh, my God... He found something. Put my stuff back now! What did Macy find that would be worth killing him for?"