Chapter 23

I went to bed not long after I got home. Neeta stayed to look over Abel. I slept for 6 hours before I got up to head to the club house. When I got there, Luann was there, talking to Gemma. I walked by them to get to the garage. Luann called out to me as I walked by. 

"Hey! Would you fill in for one of the girls tonight?" She questioned me. 

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked with a look on my face that said disgust. "No. I'm not filling in for one of your girls!" I kept walking and went into the garage to say hello to Jax. 

"Hey, babe." I said to Jax as he stood there with Opie. 

"Hey, feel better?" He questioned as he kissed me. 

"Yeah. What's up Luann's ass? She asked me to fill in for one of her girls. Is she fucked right now?" Jax rolled his eyes. "Another porn producer is trying to put her out of business and take all of her girls." I rolled my eyes and shrugged. 

"I am not a porn whore." I shook my head and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"I know babe." He said as he kissed me again. 

"Aunt Hadley!" The kids called. Ellie and Kenny ran into the garage. 

"Hi guys!" I bent down to give them hugs. I began getting up when a car pulled onto the lot. It was a nice Corvette. A man stepped out and my jaw dropped. Fear began to settle in causing me to grab Jax's arm. 

He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Hi there, I'm looking to get an oil change. I'm also looking for Hadley Hale." 

"I suppose it depends on who is asking." Jax said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

"I'm her father." Jax, Opie, and Donna had a surprised look on their face. 

"We were under the impression you were dead." Opie said. 

"Yes, well that was her way of coping with the trauma her uncle caused. We're twins." He stated and I shook my head no. 

"No, it wasn't. You're not a twin. You're supposed to be dead. I was supposed to be free of this. Free of you." I felt the fear growing. 

"What did Jacob say to you the day I was supposed to have died?" He questioned me. 

"He told me you were dead and I left. That was it." I said, fearfully.

"Your uncle had actually died and I stayed away because of your trauma. He was the one who apologized on his death bed. I promise, I have never done anything to harm you." He said and I felt tears welling in my eyes. 

"I don't believe you. You've done nothing but hurt me since I was a little girl. It took me so long to trust the love of my life because of you." I was so close to breaking down. 

"Well, like David and Jacob, I want to make amends. I want to have my daughter in my life again, no matter the cost." He said and it seemed sincere. That's what scared me. 

"No. I don't want anything to do with you, David, or Jacob. Just leave me alone." My grip tightened on Jax's kutte. I watched as Jax looked over at me and he saw how scared I was. 

"She doesn't want anything to do with you. Respect her wishes and we won't have a problem." Jax said sternly. Opie nodded to show the club was behind the decision. 

"I can't do that. She's my daughter." He said sadly.

"One that either you tortured or let someone else torture for years of her life. She doesn't want anything to do with you. You will leave her alone. The first I hear you don't, and I will kill you." Donna spoke up. I was shocked and so was Jax and Ope.