54 | the undead pinkette

Start from the beginning

The green-eyed pinkette decided to walk away after everyone walked their separate ways. She pretended not to notice the footsteps following her.

"You!" Ino screeched angrily.

Sakura looked back to see the blonde huffing for air just as she had expected.

"Ino," Sakura smiled gently as her eyes narrowed.

"How did you win against me?" The blonde raised her voice a little, they were standing outside the hall where the preliminaries were conducted.

"Pardon?" She tilted her head displaying her confusion.

Of course, Sakura knew what the dumbass in front of her was talking about.

How did she - Sakura Haruno - a clanless girl without any proper guidance win against her - Ino Yamanaka?!

'It certainly left a huge hole in her pride, didn't it?' Sakura smiled even wider.

"It's impossible argh!" Ino held her head in frustration.

"What's impossible?" The pinkette leaned more towards her, riling the blonde even more with her clueless behaviour.

"You can't win against me-"

"Oh Ino, but I did~" Sakura fluttered her eyelashes at her.

Ino clenched her fists angrily as she glared at the female in front of her.

"That's it, our friendship..." Ino stepped away creating not only the distance between their figures but also their hearts. "IS OVER!"

Ino walked away while Sakura made no move to stop her.

"And that's exactly what I wanted to hear,"  

A bright smile took over the pinkette's face.

Then she heard rustling beside her and there stood another figure.

"My my, you certainly act like a pushover," Kai smirked at her, a hand on his hip. 

"Pushover? Hah~" Sakura giggled lightly.

The blonde raised his eyebrow in curiosity but uttered nothing. He waited patiently, let's just say he was especially intrigued by the girl in front of him.

"Ino was the one who broke the friendship between us, she was the one who was angry, she was the one who lost." She answered.

"I. . ." Glancing at the ruby eyes staring intensely at her she continued. "am simply but a victim."

Kai's eyes widened in realisation and he stood there in silence, too stunned to speak. But Sakura further continued her words making the blonde look at her in a new light.

"This way she'll be painted as the bad guy between the both of us even if I too wanted to break the so-called friendship I shared with her,"

He had no idea how Sakura thought things but now he was glad to meet someone like her. His life from now on will never be boring, the pinkette would surely make things entertaining for both her and him.

He chuckled before leaning towards her.

"Is that your choice, to pretend to be a kind-hearted person?"

Sakura's face showed no emotion this time but the words she uttered certainly made Kai's heart beat faster in excitement.

"It's not a choice, it's a move."