Chapter 50: Secret Spilled, but Nano-tech!

Contrary to my earlier statement, we did sleep. Not much, but we did sleep. How do I know? Well I was woken up by a screaming Odette at my door.

Odette: "Auntie Dets! I need your help! I need you to wake up now please!"

I shot up and scurried to wake up enough to comprehend what is going on; I have never wanted to harm a child, but mini almost had me choosing violence this morning. I run my hand down my face and I look over and see America's ass, bare, in my bed.

Odette: "I know you're awake! I see your colors! I need your help! OPEN YOUR DOOR PLEASE!!!"

I hear the lock on my door shift to unlock and my eyes bug out. Fuck her magic is strong.

Dets: "Mini, give me like a minute. I need to get dressed."

Odette: "Why aren't you dressed?"

I hear the nob starting to turn and throw the blanket over Steve, who has turned to face me, stupid smile plastered on his face.

Steve: "Yes, why aren't you dressed?"

Dets: "Shut it Sparkles."

I snap some clothes on me and Steve as mini runs into the room and jumps on the bed.

Odette: "You are dressed."

Dets: "Now I am. What do you need help with?"

Odette: "My hair."

Dets: "What?"

I hear Steve stifle a laugh in the pillow at my tone. I love this child, I really do, but seriously?

Odette: "I can't get the back tangles."

I get a flash of her mom always helping her with the back tangles and instantly feel awful; I temporarily forgot what shit storm we were currently in. I hold out my hand for her brush and shift my legs so she can sit between them.

Dets: "Come here."

She crawls over and plants herself between my legs. She starts rambling on about something about breakfast while I run the brush through her hair. One whole tangle later and she is asking me to french braid her hair. Nat walks into the room while I am braiding her hair, sharing a knowing look with Steve before giving me a kiss and asking what everyone wants for breakfast.

Odette: "Do they have my cereal here?"

Nat: "I bet if they don't, Auntie Dets can make it so they do."

Dets: "I could, but so could she."

Odette: "Mommy says I shouldn't use my magic."

Dets: "Mommy is scared you might get hurt. I promised her I would help you, train you, and I will."

Odette: "Are you going to get my Mommy and Daddy back Auntie Dets?"

The room goes silent as everyone looks to me.

Dets: "Can I show you something mini?"

Odette: "Of course."

I take her hand in mine and show her the vision I had of Steve playing patty cake and her a little older. Then I show her the one of Bucky meeting his daughter for the first time. I then pull a vision of her being reunited with her parents when we do bring them back. Well that's new. They are crying about how much older she is, Justina thanking me for looking after her daughter, me explaining what actually happened. I come back to the hear and now and look down at Odette, tears line her eyes as she begins to understand what she saw.

Dets: "Do you understand what I showed you? The last one is new to me, I must have pulled that about your future on accident. Auntie Dets will get your parents back, it's just going to take me some time."