Chapter 10: Regroup

Faux Odin: "Princess, is everything all right?"

Dets: "Not really, but I will be OK. I was hoping to talk to you."

Faux Odin: "Of course. Take us to your room."

I grab his hand and blink us to my room. I set a barrier spell and he shifts back into Loki. I launch myself at him and hear him chuckle.

Loki: "It's barely been a day Kitten."

I rest my head on his shoulder and relax completely.

Dets: "I know Mischief. Bucky is in Cryo right now. Shuri is working on his deprogramming. I have so many plans I want to tell you about. I also just needed to see you. I wanted to apologize for the other day. It wasn't fair, what I said."

Loki: "Kitten, you have nothing to apologize for."

He helps me down and we sit at the table in the main room.

Dets: "You can say that all you want but I know I do."

Loki: "Your bond with him?"

Dets: "Still there. He told me to go find Nat."

Loki: "Interesting."

Dets: "I guess. Anyway. I have a plan to get my life back on Earth. I am going to ask the government to recognize me as a Goddess though, like how they see Thor as a God. I was wondering if you would allow me to take my Crown."

Loki: "It is yours Kitten. You need not ask for permission. You are the Goddess of Love. I am glad you are going to be taking charge of your name."

Dets: "Me too. It's time for me to stop hiding. Earlier this morning, I got so mad at myself."

Loki: "Why?"

Dets: "Because when I was a little girl, I swore to myself that I would never be that person who was dependent on another. My happiness is my own and all that jazz. The last few days irritate me because Bucky holds so much power over me. I never wanted to be the girl who's happiness was intertwined with another."

Loki: "What does that mean?"

Dets: "That means I am taking back my control. I am going to live my life. Those who wish to be a part of it can be. My happiness will be of my own making. It will not depend on a man or a woman. I am a Goddess, it's time I started acting like one."

Loki: "Very impressive Kitten, there are the claws. I am glad to see you haven't lost them."

I stick my tongue out at him. Cheeky fucker, thinks he's funny.

Dets: "I was wondering if I could also borrow a tailor. I would like to design an outfit fit for a Goddess and then use Stark to incorporate my A.I. into it."

Loki: "I can send for my personal tailor when you wish."

Dets: "Great."

I smile and then there is an awkward silence.

Loki: "I feel like there is something else you wish to say."

Dets: "I am not sure what you mean."

Loki: "Oh don't flame out just yet Kitten."

Dets: "Fine. When Bucky asked me to look for another my first thought wasn't Nat."

Loki: "This troubles you?"

Dets: "I am not troubled, not yet anyway."

Loki: "You thought of someone else?"

Dets: "I did."