Episode 11 "Two Bodies in the Lab" Part 2

Start from the beginning

Booth then comes in, "Kenton heard the Romanos are pissed that they reopened the investigation. When they get pissed, they shoot." Zack comes in, "I've cleaned the bones, Dr. Brennan. You could eat off them." I nod as Booth grabs the picture of the girl, "Is this her?" I nod, "Yes." We all then walk off to Zacks station and Temp checks Zacks work, "Nice work, Zack. You can see some of the markings left on the bone where the bullet passed through." Booth asks, "I can?" "Yes. Here and here. On the outer compact bone. Do you think you could use the computer to recreate the complete imprint the bullet left?" Angie looks at it, "I don't know if I have enough here to work with." Booth asks, "What you're getting at?" I pipe in realizing why Temp asked, "I got it. After it's discharged, every bullet has a distinct pattern etched into it from the barrel of the gun, right?" "Mm-hmm." "That same pattern would be etched into the bone as it passes through. If we can recover that pattern, we could reverse-engineer the bullet." I smile as Booth speaks, "Then you'll be able to tell which weapon was used- make, model, the whole shebang." I nod excitedly as Zack speaks up, "I've never heard of the technique." "No but Temp here thought of it." I look at her as she nods, "It's a theory I've been working on, thought this would be a good time to test it." I nod as Booth speaks, "Great, knock yourself out. Anything more about the girl?"

Zack then speaks, "The knife marks were made by a non-serrated blade consistent with a pocketknife, like this one. I found additional knife marks on C5, indicating that the throat was slashed." "How about her eyes?" "The grooving in the eye sockets doesn't match anything on the knife." "And Hodgins is playing with dog poop, so everyone's got something to do. Let's go." I ask, "Where?" as Temp says, "What?". "Kenton is putting together everything he's got on Cugini's disappearance." I nod understandable as Temp speaks, "We're probably more valuable here." "No, you're both definitely more valuable alive, all right? Plus, I think Blueberry here needs a good rest after being shot today... I'm not leaving either of you alone. Come on." I chuckle, "Roger that Ranger." We started to follow him as Zack speaks, "If it's so dangerous here, why are you leaving us?" Booth answers, "Big strong guy like you, you'll be able to take care of yourself.

We are at the FBI department, and I was resting on my bean bag as Kenton was there, "Worked undercover with the Romanos for two years. Never got very high in the organization. I left when I thought my cover was being blown." Booth then asks him, "So you think someone from the Romanos did this." "It had to be. Hard to tell who, though. They use a lot of different guys for jobs like this. That's Frank Lombardi. He's been seen in the area. Suspected of killing more than 25 people. Shooting mostly, though he likes the occasional garroting." "So you think they'd try to do away with the good doctors, here?" "They trying to look more legit. They don't want any ancient history resurfacing. Bad for business." I then add from the back corner, "But you don't know it's them." "Still have my sources. They tell me the Romanos know you're both working this case, and they know that your both the best. I recommend you both walk away." 

I chuckle, "Ranger is this why you brought us here? You know scaring me like this doesn't work with me, also I know Temp won't back down. So, if she doesn't then I won't either." Booth sighs, "I know Blueberry, but I want Bones here to get real. These people you both dealing with..." Temp then cuts in, "We don't know who we're dealing with. It could be them, it could be Hollings...". Agent Kenton cuts in, "No, no, no. Serial killers, they follow a pattern. They don't bind and torture and then start picking people off with a high-powered rifle." I sighed as Temp speaks, "You said Hollings promised no one would ever find enough to get him. Maybe he knows that we can." "Either way, too dangerous." I shake my head as Booth speaks, "You almost caught a bullet in the skull if it wasn't for Blueberry pushing your head down." "Ranger, I lived most of my life dangerously, we can give you answers. We can help you get Hollings." Temp then adds, "You really want us to walk away because it's dangerous?" Agent Kenton looks at Booth, "Sorry, man, I tried." I lean back into the bean bag more as Temp asks, "Any word back from ballistics on the bullets that shot at us?" "Yeah, it was a military issue Colt AR-15." I nod as Temp answers a call, "So, if we find any traces of liver at Hollings' place that contains the parasite, we can tie him to the dogs... Okay. Thanks." She hangs up and explains to us about how the dogs were lured in with parasite liver and how the knife had a nick in it.

We are now at Hollings home as he answers the door, "Agent Booth? Long time no see." "Hollings. Wondering if we could take a look around your place." "Do you have a warrant?" "No. But you enjoy being cooperative, if I remember." "Come in, please. You must be Dr. Brennan and Dr. Venus. I read about the incident the other night. I am sorry to hear that you got shot. Must have been quite a fright." I was about to speak when Booth cuts me off, "Don't play with them, Hollings." "I hope you don't think I was being insensitive. Maybe either of you could tell me what you're looking for, and I could help." Booth answers for us, "We just want to look around, that's all." Be my guest." I start looking around trying to get a feel on who he is in his home as Temp asks, "Could I open this?" "Of course. Is this about the girl they found the other night? Terrible thing. You don't think I'm involved in this one, too, do you Agent Booth?" Temp then speaks, "Blades are clean. No nicks." "I guarantee that whatever you're looking for, you're not going to find here. What we need might be locked up someplace." I just kept looking around as Booth speaks and I look over at him, "Wow. There are thousands of keys here." He nods, "Tens of thousands." "Maybe we'll just take them down to the Bureau, look through them." "It's private collection. I'm afraid without cause or warrant..." "Oh, you see, I do have cause. See this key here is from a federal building. It says, "Do Not Duplicate. And the other one looks like it was used in  a burglary just around the corner. And, oh, since you did allow us into your home..." "This is very rude, Agent Booth. I opened my home to you and this is... " I cut him off, "Excuse me real quickly might I add, before anything is removed, we should photograph everything. How he's arranged the items in the room will be very important. Boss would love to dissect into this." Hollings sighs, "If you'll excuse me, I'd like to call my attorney." "Go ahead..." Booth then adds, "Game's not so fun now, is it Hollings?"

************************************************************************************

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN "BONES". IT IS OWNED BY JOSEPHSON ENTERTAINMENT, BY HART HANSON. I ONLY CLAIM MY CHARACTER VENUS BRENNAN. I ALSO DON'T OWN ANY OF THE IMAGES. THANK YOU.