Episode 10 "The Woman in the Garden" "Part 1

Start from the beginning

We were back in the lab, and I had a wrap around my body for my back as I needed some stiches there and a wrap around my arm also having stiches there. Angie started freaking out when we told her what happened, but she calmed down knowing we were somewhat okay. We are on the platform as Zack was speaking to us. "Well, decomp, insect activity... volatile fatty acid levels in the soil, due to putrefaction... suggest she was buried for approximately six months." Hodgins then adds in, "Typically, gravediggers are necrophiliacs looking for a little action" Angie then adds in, "Um... ew." I chuckle as Zack continues, "Dental exam shows shoveled incisors and striated enamel." Temp the asks, "Indicating?" "Malnutrition. Which is consistent with anthropometrics, suggesting the victim is from Central America." I then added, "The body was found in Salvadoran neighborhood." Hodgins then pipes in, "In Pikeville, Tennessee, a guy dug up the graves of all these people, because he wanted to make sure their bodies were still there. They weren't." I nod intrigued in what he said as Temp speaks, "Make a sketch of the face. I'm not sure if we'll find a match. She might have been undocumented." I pipe in, "Ohh, Boss is an expert in religious iconography. Maybe him and I could be able to determine where this rosary was made." Temp nods and hand me the tray and I shrugged over Angie and we both made our way to her office.

I was sitting in Angie's couch as she was doing some work and I was waiting for Boss to come over so we could look over the rosary together. I was doing some paperwork as Angie speaks up, "So are you seeing anyone right now Ven?" "Hmmm... no I was going out with someone a couple weeks ago, but he was bosting himself too much." "Ahhh... the big ego type of guy. Yeah, I have been with one of those before." I nod "I would like to be with someone who is kind, quirky, hardworking, but can understand me and comfort me when I need it." "Every woman's dream guy." "If only they actually exist." "Oh, what a wonderful world we will be in." I checked the time seeing it was time to change the bandages and I sighed, "Hey Angie, could you help me change my bandages to new ones." "Of course, let me just close the door and shut the blinds really quick. I nod and wait for her to do so as I take out a new pack of bandages.

I was walking around the building making sure everything was running smoothly as I was put on hold from going with Temp and Booth for the investigation. Temp had called me letting me know that the girl was 5 weeks pregnant and that they found another burial where another body was, but it was no longer there. They were now going to see the senator's home and have a look around with Hodgins joining them. I sigh wanting to go with them, but then I see Boss come into the lab and I walked over to him. "Hello Boss. It's wonderful to see you today. I am sorry for calling you here in such a short notice." "It's alright Dr. Venus, you had saved me from a long meeting." I nod, "We had found a rosary earlier and Temp, Hodgins, and Booth found the missing piece of it. We just have to reassemble it and see what we could get out of it." He nods, "Well then lead the way." I nod and we make our way to the examination room.

We had finished our examination and were walking up the platform where Temp and Booth was back. Boss spoke first, "We reassembled the rosary found on the young woman. The carving of fire in the centerpiece is an archetypal symbol found in an area of El Salvador since the Chaparrastique volcano erupted in 1787." Temp then asks us, "So this might indicate where the female victim's from." I nod, "A village called Milagro de la Paz in the southeast of the country." "I was there three years ago, identifying victims of the death squads." I nod as Angie comes up, "I finished the sketch of the woman. She was pregnant, starting over in a new country, so I gave her a smile, made her look hopeful." Temp nods, "Thanks Angela. All right, let's clean the bones so we can find a cause of death." I look over at Zack as he speaks, "I think I just found it." I go over and looked at it and I sighed, "It's a bullet. Looks like steel core, copper jacket. It's military issue. It's the kind of weapons gangs like." Temp then adds, "They escape from the death squads and wind up being killed by the same weapons they were running from."