Chapter 15: A Wedding and an Apology

Comenzar desde el principio

Ino sighed, before answering. "Rui's in an arranged marriage."

Sakura was shocked by Ino's answer. "But isn't that..."

"Unfair?" Ino continued.

"No, arranged marriage was so 90's. That should no longer exist!"

Though Ino was at the verge of face-palming, she just nodded, "It's a tradition, Sakura. My father once told me that almost all the rich kids here at Japan who came from a famous and wealthy clan is meant to be in a fixed marriage. But I don't really believe in that. I don't think my dad can make me marry someone that I dislike."

Of course, Sakura knew that she was far from the other people who can also be in an arranged marriage. They were just normal citizens right now, anyway. Arranged marriage can really be a stress. It is a type of marital union wherein the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. For them, this type of marriage is done for the better of their company. Two rich young business people are forced by this fortune to strengthen each other's clan, family name, and corporations.

"But then...Rui will get hurt. I mean, he could never marry the girl he truly loves." Sakura said.

"Yeah. But it's inevitable to get hurt, right?" Ino smiled faintly.

Sakura just gave a plain nod and went out of Ino's condo unit. It was no doubt that she was expecting that Sasuke would chase her.

***

"She resigned?" Sasuke mumbled under his breath as he read Sakura's last letter from Tenten.

"Is there anything else she left?" The young Uchiha asked Tenten quietly inside his office.

Tenten shook her head, "No, sir. She didn't even say her reason."

She didn't say it because I already know it. Sasuke thought.

Tenten went out of Sasuke's office and the whole day, Sasuke was not able to work properly.

And because it was Friday, and Rui's wedding is on Monday, Sasuke decided to inform his employees that he'll be out for almost the entire day because of a friend's important day.

Before leaving the company and letting the workers to go home, Sasuke received a question from one of his employees.

"Sir, I'm not jumping on conclusions but are you going to hire someone to replace Sakura? We barely need somebody to do her job. Tenten was forced to do every single task that was entrusted to her." Yumi said.

Sasuke frowned, "We'll see."

***

Monday. The most awaited wedding of Rui Yamanaka happens today. Sakura looked at herself in front of a mirror, wearing the dress that Ino gave her. Though they are not rich, she still managed to buy some nice heels that went great with her attire. With her shoulder-length hair down and a light make up on, she took her hand bag and asked her father to drive her to the reception.

"Dad, when would you rebuild the Haruno Industries?" Sakura asked.

Kizashi smiled, "Soon."

Sakura then kept silent with her father's answer. Soon? She hopes so.

Once they finally made it to the reception, Sakura bid goodbye to her father. She stepped out of the car and saw Ino at the entrance.

"Forehead! You look nice!" The blonde greeted.

"Likewise." Sakura smiled.

"Anyway, let's go inside. The wedding is about to start!"

The two best friends gathered inside, and saw everyone getting ready because the bride will be arriving in a matter of minutes.

Sakura glanced at every direction, but she wasn't really surprised to see Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, and Shikamaru in the church, too. She knew that Rui would invite all of his batchmates. Too bad that most of them aren't in Japan at all.

"Sakura! It's been a while!"

Sakura averted her gaze to the man who greeted her.

"H-Hey! Congrats, Rui! The bride is surely lucky!" She grinned.

Rui chuckled, "I guess."

After a few moments, everyone in the church was sat in their own places. Once they heard the wedding music, they all stood up and saw the bride. She walked gracefully in the aisle with her long, white gown. Sakura glanced at Sasuke on the other side, and eventually avoided eye-contact with him after that.

Why?

Because Sasuke was also looking at her. Awkward.

The bride made her way to Rui, who was with the priest, and smile. The guests sat down, as the priest started to say some welcome address and vows of marriage, for the bride and groom to repeat.

It was a long time to take but Sakura enjoyed the view. It was so nice to see Rui happy. Well, he might be in an arranged marriage but he looked like he was satisfied with the girl.

"Daydreaming?" Ino whispered to her.

Sakura eventually cocked an eyebrow, "What?"

"Perhaps you were imagining that you're the one who's getting married. Not to Rui, but to Sasuke." Ino smirked.

Sakura didn't reply to Ino's teasing remark. Well, a portion of what she said was true, anyway.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you, husband and wife," the priest announced, "You may now kiss the bride."

Sakura, together with everybody else, saw how the bride and the groom shared a passionate kiss.

***

After the wedding reception, they were informed to go to a beach resort where the celebration would be held. It was not far from the church, but people really need a ride.

"Ino, did you bring your car?" Sakura asked.

"No. I'll just call my driver-"

"No need to." Someone interrupted.

Sakura gasp silently at the guy. Aftwards, she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Sasuke?" Ino exclaimed. "Oh, sorry, Naruto already offered me a ride. You should take Sakura with you!"

"What-"

"Fine."

Ino smirked and Sakura was near face-palming. It was obvious that Naruto didn't offer her a ride, or anything.

Sakura angrily stepped onto Sasuke's car, and sat down on the passenger's seat. Sasuke glanced at her and started the engine.

This is going to be a looong ride. Sakura thought. But hey! The beach resort isn't really far so I guess I can survive!

"Sakura."

She was puzzled when Sasuke called her.

"Wh-What?"

Sasuke stopped the car and looked at her intently in the eyes. Sakura returned the stare. Although she was planning to avoid his eye-contact, she couldn't.

"Sakura," he sighed. "I'm sorry."

****

Okay! Updated at last :D

So anyway, I changed the cover hahaha :) feel free to critize my editing skills lol joke. I know it's not good enough, I'm just practicing to edit on a program on my laptop TT_TT

Okay then hehe

Please give me feedback. Next chap will be published next week :)