Chapter 35[OLD]

"What do you mean?" Says Kennedy.

"You do not only sell slaves, but you also extract the information from slaves and sell them. I am proposing that I bring the general of the imperial army to your desired location and you do your thing."

"..."

Since my father retired, the next general should be Orland. This will be a great time to get rid of him and get the information I want.

"What will you gain from this?"

"Hmm... Satisfaction? That guy is a bastard."

Kennedy frowns. "So you are asking another bastard to do your dirty work."

"Of course, I will also pay you. 100 platinum coins, is it enough?" I say.

...

Kennedy smiles again. "Now we are talking. Alright, send your army guys to us."

"Hm? You are not afraid? We have one nascent soul officer and most are in the core formation. Are you not afraid that the entire army come?"

"Don't bullshit. The entire army for some shady association like us? If they want to do that, they would've done it long ago. As for the Nascent Soul... What do you think is the realm above the Nascent Soul?" Says Kennedy.

"..."

The realm above Nascent Soul should the Golden Soul realm. Is he implying that one of them is...

"Haha, don't think too much about it. Pay me a down payment of 40 coins and send your buddies here. We will take care of it." Says Kennedy.

I left a bag of coins on the table and left.

I throw a glance at a nearby slave, there's a blue sigil engraved around their neck. That's the slave mark.

Fenx is known to have multiple headquarters and influence around the world. Since their operations are so widely spread, people cannot pinpoint exactly who's the mastermind and core founder of Fenx.

No one knows their exact number but the estimation is in the fifth digits.

...

I return home.
---------------

?!

I look around. Am I really in Albion?

In just 2 weeks, everything has changed.

From afar, the polluted pale land has turned into a full green grassland. Some areas have also been transformed into a farming paradise.

The dusty, run-down buildings that looked abandoned have been rebuilt and enhanced. The streets are much more lively and the amount of homeless has decreased. Some merchants are also seen trading in this area. Vendors are set up and one or two adventurers are seen resting in this village.

I look around. There's an Inn positioned near the entrance of the village and a bar beside it. there's even a blacksmith.

Wait blacksmith, isn't that... Golden Hammer!?

The store has a huge circular board of a large golden hammer resting on an anvil, the symbol of the Golden Hammer Blacksmith.

I walk in as I see Gravos sleeping on the counter. The arrangement of things is the same as the shop back in the capital.

*ting ting ting*

"Ah?" Gravos wakes up as the sound of the bell attached to the door rings when I enter. "Oh! It's you! You brat, I said come back in 5 days and 3 weeks passed, you still haven't come back." Says Gravos.