Chapter 12[OLD]

The next day after the tournament, I went to the Academy as if nothing ever happened.

However, there's one huge difference, my social standing. People are boldly approaching me, apologizing for the way they treated me in the past, buying me some expensive gifts, etc.

"Fuck off," I say.

The students smile brightly and nod as they leave.

At that moment, Mina appears in the classroom, wrapped in bandages.

Our eyes met for a moment as Mina quickly looks away.

?

She walks to her seat, avoiding eye contact with me.

Okay...

The first lesson is monster biology again, Mr Ostz steps into the classroom and his eyes jolt to me first before looking away.

I walk up to Mr Ostz. "Hi, Mr Ostz."

"Uh-... Hello student Loi."

He is being very respectful. As punishment for what Igniz did to sabotage the tournament, the Igniz family were stripped of their Baron status and expelled from the capital. Although it is not a satisfactory result, the king used the Igniz family's previous contributions as an excuse to lighten the sentence so I cannot do much about it.

That is also why I need to quickly become stronger. When I step out into the wild, they will be coming for me.

"Mr Ostz, I have something I want to say to the principal, may you help me convey my desire to him?"

"Y-Yes, no problem. Class is starting, take your seats," says Mr Ostz.

This fat guy is sweating buckets. After all, his only backer, the Igniz family, is gone.

During the break, I was escorted by Mr Ostz to the principal office on the highest floor, above the classrooms.

I arrive at a brown double door, made from the wood of a category 5 Ent.
Mr Ostz knocks on the door twice.

"Come in," says a child's voice.

?!

Mr Ostz opens the door and ushers me to enter before quickly leaving the room.

A young girl with reddish-brown long hair and two buns at the sides of her head is sitting behind a large desk and on a large black chair.

...

Her red eyes stare at me as I stare back.

What the fuck? The principal of the Academy does not show up in public. That's why many students do not know what the principal looks like but there is a huge rumour of her being 200 years old.

Not only that, she is dressed up in a "Kimono", clothing that outworlders such as the cultivators wear, and looks like a young child in her 10s.
---------------
A Main Character of {???} has been detected.

[Mei Xiaolin]

(Information blocked)

Extraction locked, conditions not met.

Conditions:
-Stage 7 of Core Formation.
-Sword Soul stage 2
-Be acknowledged by Mei Xiaolin
-----------------

What? There's even a condition now?

She sighs. "I know this will happen. This is why I don't appear in the public. I am Mei Xiaolin, an outworlder and the founder of the Akatski Academy. Is there anything you want to talk to me about, Top 1 student?"

...

She is suppressing it but I can feel it... Her suffocating aura, a Nascent soul realm.

"Did you use your cultivation to preserve your youth?" I accidentally thought out loud.