Chapter 19[OLD]

-----------
A conference meeting somewhere...
-----------
In a dark room lies a large circular table in the middle. Several chairs are surrounding the table with people sitting it. All of them are wearing a red robes with a hood covering their head. The robe has a yellow lining on the exterior edge.

The only light source comes from a single chandelier above the table.

A hologram lights up in the middle of the table. It shows two pictures, Julius and Mina.

One of them stands up. "Without further ado, let's start. Both of them have shown fabulous potential and may be a threat to our plan in the future. Should we attempt to get them to our side or exterminate them?" The mysterious man says.

...

"How about brainwashing the girl? Brainwash seems to be impossible for the guy judging by his background as he has a deep hatred for nobles." Another one says.

"We can try that. Having her strength on our side will greatly accelerate our plan. Any suggestions for extermination?"

They think for a while.

"Bandits." Says another man.

"Hm?"

The man who suggested bandits takes off his hood to reveal himself. It's Orland. "The first division is going to be sent out on an expedition to patrol nearby villages, from the Village of Exodia to the Kenin Village. Division thirty-first will also follow them. Currently, Julius is very weak, we can commission the Tiger Bandits to get rid of them." Says Orland.

"Oh? You are using those infamous barbarians? Where will you get the money to do so?"

Orlando looks to his left. The person on his left taps her finger on the table and smiles. Although her face can only be seen from the lower half, her purple nails and lips are very recognisable.

"You are... Mideus of the Nelson family?"

"That's right." She says. "Together with Julius, why don't we get rid of that Loi, the commoner who shamed my family?"

Enough light is shone on Mideus to allow people to vaguely make out her features. A lady in her 40's with wrinkles. Her white hair has vague silver strands and her blue eyes have no light in them.

"My exact thoughts ma'am." Says Orland.

The man who started the meeting frowns. "Loi... I assume you have heard of the rumours. Former trash who hid his skills, are you sure those bandits are good enough to deal with him?"

Orland starts to laugh. "Hahahaha! You are worrying too much. He is a brat who has not experienced the true fear of life and death. Not to mention, the tiger bandit has slaughtered countless geniuses; this will be a piece of cake for them. Don't worry too much, even if the bandits fail to kill Loi and Julius, I have a secret Core Formation spy who is on our side in Division thirty-first."

---------------
Alchemist Association Tower
---------------

I enter a room at the top of the tower. I never would have thought I'd climb those long stairs without collapsing.

Inside the room, there are two bookshelves on both sides with only a few windows directly opposite the door. There's a desk and chair in front of the window, someone is sitting on the chair, facing the window.

"Headmaster, I bought him." The woman says.

"Alright, you may leave."

...wait... This voice sounds familiar.

The chair turns around to reveal a boy, the person I met on the counter on the ground floor.

!!!

"It's you!?!" The both of us simultaneously blurt out.