Chapter 34[OLD]

The shadow that rains down moves by its own will and engulfs anything near it, be it the monster or humans.

"S-Stay away from me!" The cameraman shouts before tripping on something.

"Argh!"

He drops the camera and his entire body can be seen, he seems to be a journalist. The shadow merciless consumes him before the video goes into static and ends.

...

Wait...

I replay the video and stop at the frame before it goes to static. At the corner right, is a very tiny boy with a green hoodie. It's Akira!

I look in the direction of the hallway behind me. The video shows signs of Akira there, I walk to the end and sense a trace of demonic mana but most of it is concealed and gotten rid of... That guy knows how to sneak away.

Coincidentally, a room beside labelled "Management, Top secrets." Is seen. The door is enhanced with hard titanium that only opens using special magic learnt but the royalty.

"Uz" I mumble with my right hand touching the door.

I will confess, that I have robbed several treasuries of nobles after forcing another noble to teach me this magic in the past. But most of the things I robbed are used for my mother and to repay my family's debt and it isn't even enough.

The door vibrates before sliding into the ground, allowing me to enter the area.

I walk in to find a fully armoured room. There are several noise-cancelling barriers and anti-spy scrolls pasted on the ceiling. The room is lit with only two candles on either side of the table in the middle of the room. The walls of the room are filled with shelves of books or documents.

There's a map on the table and some other documents that are records of slavery exchange between the nobles and a notorious slave agency that operates illegally, Fenx.

Upon inspection, the map features the country I am in and has a cross on one area.

Hmm...

There's a conversation log on a slip of paper below the map. Why are they leaving all this important information lying around? Do they trust that door so much?

!

Oh?

The conversation log involves the Igniz family discussing terms and conditions with the Fenx. Looks like they made some sort of contract for the Igniz family to provide slaves for the Fenx and spilt the money 50:50.

On the next page, it involves documents of slaves exchanged. Ranging from combat slaves to sex slaves, Elves, in particular, were captured and sold for the highest price. Kobolds were captured and sold mostly for combat and physical labour.

And the last one, humans. It seems that children are the most commonly captured for slavery.

!!

Vincent?! Vincent is involved in the capture of several female Elves. There's a report here saying that he "messed" with his captured product before selling them off.

This is crucial information, the Calesta family will take a huge hit because of this.

I tear this page off and keep it in my mana storage.

Hm...

Tch, that's all.

I can't find anything else except some miscellaneous descriptions and logs, there is no information about Fenx. I store the rest in my storage ring.