Chapter 26[OLD]

King Ardeus looks at the knight in the corner of the room, the knight walks to the head and checks it.

"It is indeed the Chief Leader of the Tiger Bandits." He says before he takes the head and walks out of the room with it. Several maids came in and cleaned the bloodstains quickly and left.

"Impressive, but how did you do it?" Ardeus says.

"I-"

Mina stops me and takes out a recording device.

!

She places the device on the floor and a hologram pops up, revealing my actions that led to the kill.

The throne room is filled with gasps from the nobles.

"You used your heavenly tribulation? How are you still alive? Were you hiding your strength?"

"My apologies, even I do not know how that happened, all I did was grit my teeth and endure the pain. In addition, how can I hide my mere strength in front of you?" I say.

"True, miracles cannot be explained. Now, how did you find the bandit's hideout?"

"We tortured a bandit and the bandit vaguely told us that the base was in the Mountain of Husk. Knowing that the base of the Tiger Bandits changes every time, we decided to go after them ourselves." Mina says.

"And you used a suicide method?"

"That's the only way we can defeat a core formation," I say.

After every operation, whether a success or failure, the Tiger Bandits will always change their base hideout. Thus, the imperial army is unable to track them down even if they did torture information out of bandits.

"I see. Now that the suspicions are out of the way, let's move on to the reward ceremony. Mina, tell me, what would you want as a reward?" The king asks.

Mina ponders about it before she finally says. "Money."

"Understood. As for you Loi, you have committed a serious offence and crippled the son of a marquis family, the Calesta Family." Says the king.

The captain smirks at me as he has waited for this moment.
Calesta? Then that bastard must be Vincent Calesta, famous for being worthless trash who bullies the weak and indulges himself in women every day.

"However, seeing that you achieved a remarkable feat, your reward will be freedom from your punishment."

"WHAT?!" Vincent exclaims. "That's fucking bullshit! So what if he found the bandits by chance and survived, he crippled me! ME! WHO IS HE TO LAY HIS HANDS ON ME-"

Vincent stops his anger when he sees the king glaring at him. The princes both stare at Vincent with detest for his arrogance.

"With that, this will mark the end of an era of horror and this day will be celebrated for centuries-"

"Excuse me, your majesty, but I felt that your judgement is unjust." I interrupt the king.

!!!!!!

"Y-You...." Vincent mumbles.

"What do you mean?"

I take a recording device and place it on the floor.
"A-Another one?" A noble mumbles.

A hologram shows up, exposing the actions of Vincent from the time he challenged me to a duel to the time I crippled him.

"T-That's!! I was just wanting t-to teach him some manners and put him into place. Just a simple duel yet he decided to cripple me when I was planning to knock him out on his nape." Says Vincent.