- 37 -

Few days after and it was already the day of Weverse Con 2022. Juyeon, Umi and I were sitting together in one of the side isles of the venue but still near the stage. We enjoyed very much each stage and cheered for the boys. Soon the show ended, they filmed a countdown although it was two ours before midnight and then they all went away. On our way to the dorms, I was in the same van as Umi, Sunghoon, Jay and Heeseung.

"You'll really do a live later, hyung?"
"Yeah, Engenes have been missing my HeePly. But I'll finish it before the countdown"
"It should've been my first new year countdown with the girls, yet here I am, stuck with this dork" Umi said.
"Oh, so the girls are more important than spending new year with your brother and boyfriend?"

"Yes" she said putting our her tongue at him.
"And you two? Are you gonna make me feel single as well?" Heeseung asked us.
"I'd gladly do that but Jack Frost here doesn't like being showy around his friends"
"What did you say, princess?" He said turning my head to face him.
"Please, spare my eyes" and we all laughed at the oldest's statement.

❄︎

We arrived to their dorm and started cooking.
Well, Umi, Jay, Sunoo and I were the ones cooking while the others were just chilling around and Heeseung was doing his live.
"Princess!" he said back hugging me.
"Not now, Hoon, or we might burn the spring rolls"
"Don't worry, Jinhee, just go with Sunghoon or he won't stop bothering us" Jay said.

"You heard the head chef, princess? Let's go"
"Ugh, fine. But once we get our own place do not ever do that or you might end up with a pancake pan on your pretty face"
He just froze at the words 'once we get our own place'
"Jin, I think you broke Sunghoonie hyung"
"I did it on purpose so I can still cook"

"Not a chance, princess"
And I just got lifted bridal style, away from the kitchen to their living room.
"PARK SUNGHOON! PUT ME DOWN NOW!"
"Shh, hyung is doing a live" Jake said.
"Tell that to your Baegku bestie who dragged me away from the kitchen"
"Seeing Sunghoon hyung so whiny and clingy is surely something new" Jungwon added.

❄︎

15 minutes before the countdown, Heeseung finished his live and joined us in the living room, just in time, the others started bringing the food as well.
"Ok so, as I said..." Umi started.
"I had something to confess on our new year hangout"
"Is there something else I don't know?" Niki said a bit coldly.
"Y-yes... Riki... It was never meant to be a secret but mom and dad did it to not make me feel any less..."

❄︎

After a long conversation, the two siblings hugged each other with tears in their eyes and right then it was time for the countdown.
"5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" We all screamed.
"Happy new year, princess"
"Happy new year, my prin-" and before I knew here he was, kissing me in front of everyone.
"Eww"
"Not in front of my salad!"

"Siri, how to not feel single?"
"Since when he got this bold?"
"Not you two as well!?"
"Let's go besties!"
We heard our friends say as I just stayed still.
"Sunghoon oppa! Look at what you did to my best friend!"
"Yeah, he definitely broke her" Sunoo said and I then looked up to his face and saw him smirking.
"Surprised, princess?"

"Bish, go away" I said playfully hitting him.
"Let's dig in, I'd say?" Heeseung said as he sat down and getting ready to eat.
After eating, we decided to play some games while waiting to go to bed since we were all full. It was already 1am and here we were playing truth or dare.
"Before we start, all the adults, let's take a shot for Sunoo becoming an adult!" Heeseung suggested.

"What?!" Umi and I said.
"Oh cmon, babe, it's just a shot" Jay said.
"Fine but just one" Umi said.
"Don't worry Nimi, we won't get your boyfriend drunk"
"Hoon, will you be ok? I think aunty mentioned you having no tolerance at all"
"It's just a tiny shot, Jin, I can survive and it's for Sunoo"
"Ok then"

"Let's gaur!" Jake said bringing in a bottle of soju with 5 glasses.
"You had soju in your dorm?!" Juyeon asked her cousin.
"Yeah, it's for when us, hyung line, want to celebrate but we aren't drinkers"
"To Sunoo's adulthood!" Heeseung said and we all said raising our glasses of whatever it was.
After that, we started playing but I've noticed how Sunghoon's body reacted to the alcohol.

"Hoon, you said a shot wouldn't hurt, yet you're visibly more than tipsy"
"Ay it's fine, Princess"
"Yeah no, I think hyung should just go to bed" Jungwon said.
"Same story every time" Jake said.
"Ugh fine, let's go to bed, Jack Frost" I said standing up and he followed.
"Goodnight guys and happy new year"

"Happy new year to you too, Jinhee" Heeseung said.
"Just don't come out of that room with a child!"
"Riki?! Where did you learn that?!" His sister scolded.
"I was joking! Sorry, Hee noona!" Niki said laughing.
"I mean- I wouldn't mind becoming an aunty"
"JUYEON?! I JUST TURNED 19 FEW MINUTES AGO?!"
"Chill bestie, just bring away your whiny boyfie"

❄︎

"Jinheeee"
"Hm, Hoon? What's wrong?"
"Give me a huggg" he said as he was laying on his bed and he opened his arms.
"Let me just take off my accessories, Hoon"
After that, I laid on his bed and I got immediately stuck in a tight hug.
"How come you're a bit more than tipsy after only one shot of soju? Hm, Jack Frost?" I said patting his head. 

"Jin... I love you sooooo much" he said giggling.
"Aish stop it, you, Baekggu"
"I can't believe that I've waited for the day I'd meet you again"
"Huh?"
"I've been liking you for way longer than what I told you when I confessed"
"You waited all those years?"
"At first, one of the reasons I hesitated leaving figure skating was you"

"'Will I ever be able to meet you again if I leave? What if I won't go back to Milan ever again?' But then, here you are"
"But what if we never met again?"
"Then I'd still keep on waiting for us to meet again, my princess"
"Oh, Hoon... I'm sorry, I kept you from following your dream so surely..."

"It's ok, Jin, now I know it was all worthy. I'm here, I debuted, I have supportive fans from my past and present, I have the members and now, I have you. I achieved everything I've been longing for the most. Happy new year and I love you, Choi Jinhee"
"I love you too, Park Sunghoon"