I look away from the scene unfolding in front of me, refocusing on the task set in front of me: using these titans to get closer to that beast. The closer I swing, the more my head begins to pound—it's the unnerving feeling that I had earlier on in the day when trying to get to everyone else. It feels like I'm missing something that I know so clearly; it almost feels like I'm missing the most obvious thing in front of me.

And I hate that feeling more than anything.

My daze is interrupted when the titan I've cut doesn't immediately fall underneath me, and it sends a panic through me. I press on my gas, sending me straight into the air before reaching into my belt, pulling out a shuriken. I take a deep breath and take my aim, thanking Levi for this shuriken as the titan falls since I managed to hit the right nerve.

Another gust of wind is blown in my direction as the beast titan shows us his second pitch. This time, some of the debris hits the corners of my face, tearing through the skin on my cheeks. I spit out the gravel all while floating through the air with my grappling hooks. Over, and over again, my body twists in familiar patterns throughout the air, diving and rising in repeat.

As expected, I'm going to reach the beast titan first.

I got the legs.

I'll meet you there.

I slice the nape of the penultimate titan, feeling its warm content all over me as I run off its shoulders to cut through the next one. Without dropping a single beat, my body curves once more, twisting my body after my deep cut into the final titan. As soon as my blades meet on the other side of its nape, I shoot my hooks into the calves of the beast titan.

I make the decision to flip forwards to gain momentum for my cuts, but the moment I do, I see something behind me. Cutting through the field is a tornado at full speed. It almost doesn't look like it's moving, but an inclination tells me that it doesn't plan on stopping anytime soon. I can't do anything to stop it—I'm already mid-flip and my blades are fresh from my gear, ready to slice through the nape of this stupid beast titan.

God, please, won't just you just make that stupid tornado move in front of him?

Ignoring the outcome, my time to make contact finally is here with Levi only one titan away from reaching the top. Flipping my blade around, I pierce the titan's fur, past its skin, into its muscles. The roar from above is incredibly loud, making the air vibrate and my ears ring from his call. It drops to one leg, allowing me to shoot another hook into its other thigh before scaling down the entire leg, cutting every single fiber of his body that my blade made contact with. The beast titan, however, fails to fall.

Shit, I didn't cut deep enough!

Pressing on the gas, I launch myself up into the air grabbing his attention, knowing that Levi would be able to compensate for my mistake.

Twisting my body, I notice the tornado has actually moved in front of the beast titan, but pay no attention to it. Looking down at the beast titan, I see its hand reach out to crush me but I don't fear—Levi is right here.

Levi lets out a grunt as his gear pierces through the beast's wrist, swinging right underneath it before scaling down its arms as I fall. Our capes fly in the air, granting us wings before we both finish the job. Without conversation, Levi and I continue our attack.

Shooting a hook into the beast's shoulder, I swing behind them before preparing myself for a final twist to slice their nape. I take a deep breath. My arms are above my head, my arms are extended and are almost locked, my body is ready to spin, and my blades are ready to cut. Without hesitation, my blades crash down perfectly against his nape, only to have it protected by his hand. The claw freshly slides off its wrist just as Levi takes the opportunity to cut his other arm off completely.