Back Here Again

Ayla was repairing Chica, fixing up her voice box as the two sat down on the animatronic's couch. She read some reports of her voice box, of how it was causing several kids to collapse from it because of it's high frequency, and the robots as well. She also gave her a new coat of paint, over her old one, as she did with Freddy, hardly any scratches anymore. But, Ayla's mind began to drift elsewhere as she began to think of Sun. She noticed that were several power lines, which she and Sun helped the children avoid tripping over them, in the daycare that were connected to some generators. Was Sunny really that desperate to keep the lights on?

"Um, Ayla, Can I move now?" Chica made a muffled mumble, trying to move her mouth. Ayla's eyes widen and she shook her head, snapping out of her trance. She finished tweaking the voice box with her screwdriver then stood up, backing slightly away from Chica with her hands on her ears, bracing herself.

"Okay, you're good!" Ayla smiled. "Let her rip, Chica!" Chica opened her mouth and started singing a little until she began to sing higher pitch tone that's didn't sound deafening. It was melodious and harmonic, right in tune. Chica giggled happily and stood up, scooping Ayla up, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She squealed.

"T-That's great, Chica," Ayla groaned, painfully. "But, can you put me down, you're crushing me!" Chica immediately placed Ayla right back down onto the floor, stepping away from her, smiling sheepishly.

"Sorry, about that. I don't know my own strength sometimes!"

"I'm just glad to help!" Ayla smiled, tiredly. "I'm going to turn in. It's another big day tomorrow."

"Nite, Ayla!" Chica waved goodbye and Ayla waved back, leaving her room. Soon, little by little as the day began to turn night, every parent and their kids left the Pizzaplex until it was completely empty. This signaled Ayla that it was time to hide, She clocked out and head towards the closet while avoiding the cameras, using her fazwatch, and walked inside. She reached into her bag and pulled out several glow sticks placing them around, lighting up the place a little.

She sat down placing her bag into a corner as She began to dig around in it pulling her stuff out, looking through them. Her wielding mask, a photo of a man and a young girl that looked like Ayla if she was younger, some paint and scrap metal and bolts, her tools, sewing materials, a small laptop computer and a charger, USB drive, a flashlight. The last thing she pulled out, were some cassette tapes, that had recordings on them and some with songs from the 80's, and a walkman. She put one of the tapes in, putting on the headphones and pressed play.

Ayla laid down on her bag, using it as a pillow as she listened, slowly drifting off to sleep. On the tape, a man's voice was talking as it played.

"You're not ready for the world yet, my sweet. But, I know that one day you are going do great things. There will be many people who will look up to you. And I know that you will do what you can to help them. I will never stop believing in you-" Ayla covered her eyes as tears began to ran down her cheeks, quietly crying herself to sleep. "I'm not always going to be around and I need you to continue on my work. But, know this: when you feel alone and when the world grows darker around you, there will always be a light."

"I miss you."

Ayla was met with a blinding light when the door opened. She groaned as she opened her eyes, squinting them. She slowly blinked them as her eyes tried adjusting to the light. Ayla gasped in shock and her eyes widen more. Standing in front of her at the door was Freddy. He stared at her, silently with his luminescent eyes, blinking them.

"Ayla? What are you doing here?" He asked, confused to see her. It was morning, but it was still too early for the Pizzaplex to open yet. Since his upgrade, his eyes could practically see through walls until they had caught something that was hiding in the closet. He went to investigate closer, opening the door. Was it a child that was left behind by accident? He was surprised to find out that it was Ayla sleeping in it.

Ayla quickly stood up but bumped her head into a shelf when she did. She let out a hiss in pain, rubbing it. The cleaning supplies that were on the shelf were starting to roll off but she quickly caught them, placing them back.

"Freddy?! Uh, I-I'm just organizing! Yeah, that's it! Organizing!" She smiled, nervously. Freddy stared at her.

"Ayla, please tell me the truth," he said, concerned. "Are you living in here?" Ayla looked down to the floor avoiding his eyes and sighed. She couldn't lie to Freddy. He's been nothing but nice to her!

"Yes."

"How did the cameras not catch you?" Freddy asked.

"Vents and watch that you gave me." Ayla answered. She placed her hands together looking at him with a pleading look. "Please, don't tell!"

"Well, you can't keep living in here," Freddy said. "Don't you have a place to stay?"

"No." Ayla shook her head. This was it, she was going to be fired. Freddy glanced away from her for a minute, thinking, then looked back to her.

"This is going to be really against the rules...but, do you want to stay with me for a while?" He offered. "It's not much, but it's better than in here. You can take the couch and I'll make sure to shut the curtains so nobody can see inside. If someone does come in, you can hide in my charging station." Ayla looked up at him with a shocked look. She really thought that he was going to report her and get her fired.

"Freddy, you're the best!" She beamed and ran up to the animatronic hugging him.