The Daycare Attendant

"Okay, that should do it," Ayla said as she closed Freddy's face together, brushing of the dirt from her hands. "You can move now, Freddy. Anything functioning like it should?"

"Yes! I don't know how you did it, but I can see more clearly now! I can see through the walls, like Roxy can. This is amazing!" Freddy exclaimed.

"I'm glad that you like my handy-work, big guy. Just doing my job," Ayla said. "Why don't you go and advertise my work to the others? I'm going to step out for a bit and explore more of this place. Let Chica know that she's next."

"I will, but before you go. I want to give you this," Freddy said, opening his chest compartment. Inside, there was a present. Ayla opened it up to see that it was a watch. "This is a Fazwatch. It's given to all of the workers here. On it, has cameras all over the mall. As well as personal log dates that you can put in yourself. I wanted to give yours personally seen as you didn't have one."

"Thanks, Freddy," Ayla smiled. Freddy nodded and Ayla got up, about to leave his room.

"Thank you, Ayla." She heard Freddy say softly to her, making her pause in her tracks. She turned back, to see him staring at her. Ayla smiled softly and nodded then walked out of his room and the door closed behind her. Ayla started heading towards the elevator and pressed the button, waiting for it to come down. She looked down in deep thought, thinking, about what Freddy had said. His words had a little more emotion to them than it should. In fact every thing that he did, including the others, were human-like down to their voices. The elevator dinged and Ayla walked inside of it, taking it down to the Atrium.

"Were they really alive?" Ayla shook her head, disregarding the thought out of her mind.

She was going crazy. She need a break.

As Ayla walked deeper into the Perplex, she found herself inside of a huge open room that looked like a stadium. Ayla was getting weird look from several people as they passed her, but she ignored them, completely in awe by the whole Atrium. It was completely crowded, some children were wildly running around while some parents tried to control them, while others didn't, letting them scream their heads off as they ignored them while they talked on their phones. The room had many different attractions, a golfing area that sponsored Monty. A race track that featured Roxy. A laser tag called Fazerblaster featuring Freddy. An bowling arena, with a giant purple bunny and sea themed area that had a red fox with a hook for it's hand. Ayla frowned looking at the two, she didn't recall seeing a bunny or a fox and nobody ever mentioned them.

Suddenly, Ayla snapped out of her thoughts when she heard someone, crying. She turned her head and saw a little girl, stumbling in the crowd.

"Momma! Daddy!" she cried as tears were streaming down her face. Ayla walked over to her and bent down.

"Hey, there!" The little girl jumped and looked up to see Ayla, however, she had her mask on, which scared her more. The little girl began to bawl more, startling Ayla.

"Hey, hey, hey! It's okay!" Ayla quickly pulled back her mask, revealing her face with a apologetic look. "See, it's just a mask! Sorry, about that. I forgot that I even had it on." She took her mask off and stuffed it into her bag.

"Do you work here?" The little girl sniffed. Ayla nodded her head.

"Now, why are you upset?" Ayla said to her. "Did you lose your parents?"

"No, they dropped me off here. They told me to go to the daycare, but I don't know where it is!" The girl explained and startled crying some more.

What kind of horrible parent would ditch their child and just up and leave them?!

"Well, I'm kind of new here, but I'll try to take you there," Ayla told her, softly, trying to her down. The girl stared up at her with wide eyes and nodded her head. She took Ayla's hand and the two looked around through the crowd until Ayla saw a giant sliding door with a sun drawn on it. She walked over to it as the little girl followed behind her, holding her hand.

The door slid up as the two got closer and they walked inside. Ayla heard loud joyful upbeat music that sounded cartoonish but very pleasant to hear. Down below there was a large play area and a ball pit. In the center of the room, there was two statues with two animatronics featuring a sun and the other a moon. Twins, perhaps? The two looked similar to each other except their clothing designs were different. Ayla walked in front of it, as she guided the little girl, to get a better look. However, when she got closer, Ayla noticed that the statues looked like they were conjoined together with multiple arms, sticking out of it. The room had several screens that had the sun on it, holding a candy called a sundrop, while some had the moon, holding a candy called a moondrop. Then Ayla saw a slide with a sign above it reading "Slide into fun.", leading into the ball pit.

"Here we are!" Ayla said. "Just go down that slide and it'll take you to the daycare."

"Can't you come with me?" the little girl looked up, who still had let go of her hand. Ayla frowned in concern.

"You're a big girl, you can go on you're own," she reassured her, which made the child start up crying again.

"Okay, okay, okay. I'll come, but don't blame me if we get stuck." Ayla sighed, feeling guilty. She really hated seeing kids cry, it made her felt uncomfortable, like being alone in the room with a baby.

The two head over towards the slide and the girl got in front of Ayla while Ayla sat down behind her. The two went down the slide, fast and crashed into the ball pit. All Ayla could see was a sea of colorful balls, as she sank deeper into the pit. The more she struggled to get out of it the more she began to sink deeper into the pit. Ayla looked around and saw that the little girl was no where to be found. Where did she go?

"Help..." Ayla squawked out weakly. A pair of hands grabbed her hand, pulling her out of the pit. Ayla felt herself being carried and placed down on the foam floor. As soon as she looked up, Ayla felt hands grab her face, making her look at them. She saw the sun animatronic's faded colored eyes, right in front of her face, with a beaming permanent smile plastered on his face.

"HELLO! YOU'RE NEW HERE AREN'T YA? I'M SUNNY, SUN, SUNDROP, WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL ME," Sun smiled. "I'M THE SUPERSTAR DAYCARE ATTENDANT! WHAT DO YOU WANNA DO? WE CAN FINGERPRINT, TELL STORIES, DRINK FIZZY FAZ UNTIL OUR HEADS EXPLODE-"

Ayla stared at the animatronic with wide eyes, while he continued rambling on excitedly on activities. She been wanting to met him, ever since she saw him in the handbook that Vanessa gave her. There was something about the animatronic that drew her more to him than the others. He was a mystery. She loved him even more seeing his energetic personality and hearing his voice.

"Hey cutie," Ayla immediately out without thinking. Sun's eyes widen as did Ayla's realizing what she had said.

All she wanted to do now, was jump back right into the ball pit and die in embarrassment.