Chapter 14

This weekend it will be Layla's 2nd Birthday. I talked with Neymar and he said that I could come earlier to spend some time with her.

I was so excited to see my baby...finally.

Neymar's POV

I didn't want to tell Layla that Maryse was coming to visit.Probably it will be a surprise for her.

I got a message from Maryse saying that her plane landed,so I made my way to pick her up from the airport.

*at the airport*

"Hello! Welcome back!" I spoke a bit too loud causing people looking to us.
"Hey!" she answered smiling.

My feelings for this woman were mixed and I was so confused every time I saw her. The car ride was silent until she said,"Why doesn't Layla never ask about me?" I could feel in her voice she was hurt.The thing is that I don't even know the answer so I met quiet.

"Did you tell her something bad about me?" she continued. I got a bit angry cause she thought I would actually do that. "of course not!" I snapped and concentrated on the road.

Maryse's POV

Once we arrived I jumped out of the car and entered the house.
I couldn't stay one more minute without seeing my daughter. "Where is she?" I asked as Neymar followed me holding my bags.

"Probably in her room.Go upstairs!" he suggested and pointed to the stairs.

I opened the door and there she was. "Layla!" I squeled and took her into my arms.She didn't hug back,she looked confused at me like I was a stranger.
"I missed you baby!" I said and kissed her cheek.

She frowned and tried to get out of my grip.I let her down and she quickly ran to Neymar hiding behind his leg.

I felt tears builind into my eyes.I wanted to scream,to cry to hit something.

"Lay,it's mom!" Neymar said and tried to push her in front but she hugged his leg and didn't want to let go.

"Layla it's mommy.You remember me? " I asked hopeful but....nothing.

She had a frown on her face and constantly looked up to Neymar.She started sobbing.

This was the moment I was afraid of.Neymar picked her up and whipped her tears away.

"Baby,I'm your mommy! I love you!" I said and i couldn't help but let some tears escape.

She hugged Neymar's neck and mumbled,
" pai é o único que me ama! "

My heart broke.I directly went outside because I didn't want her to see me crying.

The hot breeze hit my wet face.I started to relax.My mind steted to clear. "Are you okay?" I heard a manly voice asking.

"Do I look okay?" I said in..well in not a very nice tone.

"Woah calm down! Sorry for asking! No need to be mad!" Neymar said and goodbye relaxing.

"No need to be mad? What the hell? Of course I have to be mad! My daughter just rejected.She thinks I'm a stranger!She forgot me! I was the one who took care of her more than a year not yo-" I was quickly cut off by his lips smashing into mine.

I was shocked,that's why I couldn't react.
"Would you shut up for a second please?" Neymar said in the sexiest voice I ever heard.

***
Don't make hopes for these two!
-R