Episode 9 "The Woman in the Car" Part 1

Start from the beginning

Boss then speaks, "Ms. Pickering will of everyone's timetes to perform a routine security review. I expect everyone to be cooperative." Hodgins pipes in again, "I'm not swearing any damn loyalty oath." I then add "And civil." Temp then speaks, "Send this in Pathology. Dr. Chen. Ask him to identify it as soon as possible." Boss then speaks, "Dr. Brennan?" "Yes, security check, civil. Zack will grind a segment of the femur, so you can perform trace element analysis." Hodgins nod as Ms. Pickering asks, "Didn't I see you on television this morning, Dr. Brennan?" "How could I possibly know what you watched on television? Booth, I have to talk to you." We watch as she leaves, as she adds, "Yeah, it was definitely her." I come down to the two, "You might want to work your way up to her Ms. Pickering." Boss nods as I look at them, "I will try to keep them under control if I can Boss. But you do understand that it won't be an easy task." He sighs, "Sadly, I do Dr. Venus." Ms., Pickering then speaks, "You must be the other Dr. Brennan." "Ah, yes, that's me. But do call me Dr. Venus, it makes it easier on all of us here to not confuse me with my sister." "Yes, I can see that you are different from your sister as well." "Yup, we get that a lot." "I read your file and I haven't gotten that much information on yourself, so I am more excited to question you out of everyone here." I nod, "Yes, well... just as my sister you must work up on me as well. But I will tell you this as a nice treat. I work here as the second director of the Jeffersonian." "Oh my really?" Boss nods, "Yes. She is also great at her job, really makes my day's so much easier." "Why thank you Boss. But you mustn't tell the others Ms. Pickering, they don't know. It makes watching them much easier as they don't suspect anything, and I get to see everyone's true nature. From that I am able to make evaluations on what's good and not good for this institution." "I will, keep that in mind."

I then left and walked up to Temp and Booth as he asks, "How close are you to IDing the burn victim?" Temp answers, I may be jumping the gun, but..." "That's music to my ears." "Well, considering this 48-hour thing, we should be looking at Eastern European immigrants going back, say, ten years." "I can get that information for you. Angela doing facial reconstruction?" I nod, "Yes." "You know, if this works, I'm gonna buy you both a puppy." I jump in eagerness, liking the sound of that as Temp speaks, "That would be inadvisable. You never told me how I was this morning. I asked you, 'How did I do?' and you said, 'We'll talk about it in the car,' but we didn't." Booth and I look at each other as he asks, "This was your first TV interview?" "Yes." "It was fine, you know... for your first interview." "Well, that was a qualified response." "What? No. It was lively, yeah." "Lively? What kind of word is that?" "It's an adjective, though, ironically, most words that end in 'ly' are adverbs. Like 'ironically.'" "Okay, what did I do wrong?" "Maybe next time, tell a funny story. Oh, and never say you don't like children." "I didn't say I don't like children. I just said I don't want any." "On TV, it's the same thing." Booth then left towards the Angelator as I put my hand on Temps shoulder. I sighed, "It's alright sis, I thought you were good. Just keep on taking me to your interviews." She nods and we make our way over to Booth and Angie.

Angie starts speaking, "The victim's skull was in good shape, no real shrinkage from the fire. Okay, I'm running a comparison between the facial reconstruction and the photos in the immigration database. I hear we're all going to get grilled by some mysterious government chick." Temp then speaks, "I've been through this before. It's so we can work on classified cases. CIA, military..." Booth then asks, "You have something to hide?" Angie then answers, "Better believe it, bucko." "What kind of something?" "The best kind." I chuckle at the two when Temp turns around and looks at some pictures then speaks. "There, that one." Angie nods and brings the picture up while we go to the computer. I nod, "It's a good match." Angie then speaks, "Polina Rozalina Semov, born 1970, Cherdyn, Perm district of the Urals. She immigrated to the US in '94 with her sister Maria, married Carl Decker. They live in Cleveland Park." Booth then asks, "Children?" "Donovan Dimitri Decker, born 1997. He's eight years old."