part 2

"Doctor, where is Kady Mishra?"

"I'm not permitted to offer personal information miss," he argued.

"I'm her best friend, tell me where she is right now," I argued, with wide eyes.

He motioned me down the corridor to a room.

"Kady?"

"Where's Kady?"

Pria aunty looks surprised to see me.

She avoids my question by looking down at the ground.

"WHERE HAS KADY GONE?"

"TELL ME, TELL ME NOW," I scream angrily.

I see her being carried out on a bed by a doctor. Her head was covered by a cap and she was dressed in a white and blue medical gown.

I could see she was in pain because there were blood spots down the sides of her cheeks, and I knew she was in horrific pain

"STOP THAT RIGHT NOW," I yell from behind them.

"Kady, it's me, I know you're alright,"

I say as I rush to her side and hold her hand. I was reluctant to let Kady into the operating room,

I was screaming

"Get up, get up, get up."

Two nurses were summoned by the senior doctor to hold me back. But I swore I wouldn't let anything happen to her, so I yelled and kicked and said,

"LET ME GO, LET ME GO." The nurses looked at my teary eyes and hauled me to a chair,

saying,

"She'll be fine miss."

"I'm certain she doesn't want this"

"ma'am it's important"

Pria approaches me and embraces me as I sob into her chest. I noticed she was crying as well. My hair was damp, and I could tell she was trying to be strong for her.

I just stood outside the operation room helplessly.

The nurses were dressed in a green and white outfit with a small clock hanging from the upper left pocket of the uniform. The clock is about the size of a fifty-cent piece of paper. Covers are made of stainless steel with a silver-colored chain to keep them from falling off.

Huge, oversized machines are strewn throughout the room, from the highest point on the ceiling to the lowest point on the floor. The silver-white color iLED OPL hung over Kady and there I see the doctor; the largest machine. Massive switches appear out of nowhere all over the mound. As I stare into the operation room worried, I start to shiver.

They stripped her of her hospital gown, leaving her absolutely naked; they draped a small piece of fabric over her naked body and began injecting her with large, sharp needles. I just stood there outside the operation theatre. Feeling helpless.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

She needed to live; it was supposed to be me. I need her.

People waiting outside the hallway shivered whenever a high-pitched buzzing sound emanated from the grey, dimly lit room.

Impatiently seated outside is a tired and sad-looking patient.