part 2

"Right I'm sorry,"

"Go safe" she screams at me as I exit the vehicle.

I walk up to her building and press 11 on the elevator wall.

My heart was pounding, and I could feel it. I walked out of the elevator and let out a breath of relief before ringing her doorbell.

When the door opens, I saw a young girl with two braids and a unicorn shirt. Her front tooth was broken, and she held a mini iPad with the show full house playing on it.

I smiled and looked at her.

"Hello, who are you?" she stutters.

"Hello, my name is Keelin, and I'm Kady's friend."

she takes my hand and brings me to Kady's room

Her house was quite large. The kitchen connected to a flight of stairs that led to a massive terrace. the sunset was so perfectly visible that it felt like I was perched on top of the city, looking down and thinking how insignificant we all had suddenly started to appear.

"Keelin, I didn't expect you to come."

Kady was watching Hannah Montana while clutching a tub of chocolate hazelnut ice cream in her hands.

"well here I am"

"thank you for coming"
"What exactly do you mean when you say you're sick?" I ask.

"Nice way to say hello?"
"I'm serious," I say looking at her. She was at a loss for words.

She sat there, staring at me as if she had just seen a ghost.

"Would you like to go see the sunset now that it's time?"

"you can't change the topic, I need to know"

"Keelin, it's not that simple."

"Nothing is," I say disappointed

"So, talk to me"

"I can't"

"I avoided spending time with my mom, who let me tell you, I haven't seen in over a year. Just so I could come here and meet you," I grow irritated and raise my voice.

"Keelin It's complicated."

I pause and take a seat at her dressing table.

Just come with me to the terrace I'll explain.

I follow her upstairs and sit down on her blue torn. I could see the sun setting right above me and it looked serene.

the orange was taking over the sky, and the birds were flying above us.

"Tell me" I looked at her hoping for an answer now.

"When I was younger my white blood cells, which are My body's defense mechanisms started to fight my own body's cells. I had less of it, less of what was needed to fight diseases"
I stare at her, trying to make sense of all she's saying.

"When I was five years old, I had an unusual blood clot on my back; my mother mistook it for anemia but took me to the doctor anyway."

she says, hoping for a response from me,

"so, what now?" I ask curiously

"The doctor said they'd run a few blood tests to make sure everything was fine, but they'd told my mother my white blood cell count was lower than normal."

she goes on.