chapter 5

Chapter 5

I like someone

"I like someone," I say as I hold my tray of freshly cut fruits and a bowl of cereal. Kady looks back at me and smiles, she sets her food tray down on the counter, turning to me as she folds her hands and tucks her hair behind–the classic Kady power move

"Really?" she says "I thought you were into girls" she looked at me like she was trying to see if I had gay imprinted on my forehead.

I wondered why she felt that; a million things raced through my mind, and all I wanted to do was get rid of them before I start to see girls romantically.

"I think I like Monty," I say crossing my legs as my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"Oh my God, really?" she says. "But he's ugly," she stated so casually that I had to roll my eyes at her honesty.

"NO! he's kind and has honey-colored eyes, and he always smells so good."

I say with my cheeks becoming as red as a tomato.

She's taken aback by the fact that I expected so little from a guy. She held my arm, pulling me out of the line, she didn't encourage me to approach Monty and strike up a conversation; rather, she pushed me to do so. in a literal way.

"Hi" I looked away shyly so he wouldn't see me blush.

"Hi" his voice was sweet and it reminded me of cookies dipped in milk- warm milk.

"Is everything okay?" he asks me politely as I start to stutter, not knowing what to say. "Keelin?"

"Hi yes, I'm sorry. I zoned out for a second"

"No problem, do you need some water?"

I smiled at his offer, how can someone so handsome and so strong be so sweet too, I felt like I was living the Allie life for a second. If only Noah knew what Allie thought about him when she first started falling for him. We walked to the reception and he kindly asked the receptionist for cold water.

"here you go!"

and handed me the bottle opening the cap for me. I smiled at him and whispered a small "thankyou"

"no, worries," he says casually, walking me out.

Only two people knew how I felt about Monty, Kady, and Hema. They were the only two people I trusted with this secret. I could see Kady from afar looking at me and shooting me the 'tell him how you feel' eyes. But I couldn't. I mean, how could I? I've never liked a guy before.

we were leaving back to India that night. This heartfelt memorable trip was coming to an end. I was wearing my torn black leggings that brought me luck, which I needed if I was going to tell Monty how I felt, and well Kady was wearing her pink capris with stars on them like we were suddenly in 1995 - rather rambunctious.

I sat in the second-to-last seat near the window after loading all of our baggage into the bus.

Monty sat right behind me, and Anya sat beside me.