chapter 6

Becoming best friends

I sat at the boarding gate, hoping to return to the hostel so I could eat some Nutella and forget about the rest of the trip.

"I'm sorry if I offended you; I didn't mean to offend you."

"It's okay, I just don't want people to label me a slut," I say.

She comes in front of me and lifts my head up, looking into my eyes.

"Keelin, no one will,"

"How do you know that?" her large eyes gaze into mine, and I see rage slowly forming.

"Because I know it's just a kiss, and our parents would be the biggest whores if we were labeled sluts for kissing someone," I laughed and smiled at her; she seemed to know how to make me smile.

"Thank you," I said as she took my hand in hers and rested her head on my shoulder

"Come with me to the restroom," I gestured with my hand.

"Well, I was putting my head down and Monty did the same, and I suppose it seemed like we were kissing because of the shadows," she laughed at me and called me an

"ass trash"

"I'm sorry, what?" I say giggling at her new-found word

"You know, it's better than any other abuse," she adds, laughing.

She triumphantly declares, "I made this one."

When I went to the other side to check whether there were any more of my friends, I saw some things that shattered me, my heart just broke.

Monty was kissing Hema.

"Kady..."

I took a long pause after her name.

"Yes, tell me?"

"Look to your side," I say "isn't that" I stutter.

crushed and humiliated. All I wanted to do was scream at her.

I start to wonder why she would do such a horrible thing to me. My heart was aching. When Hema noticed I was staring at her, she returned the stare and shoved Monty away.