part 4

"what does that mean," I ask rather puzzled

"that's a story for another day," She says completely unaware of the effect she has on people when she gets all dark and antsy.

"I think that's a story for today," I say, with demand in my tone.
"well if you insist," she says looking at me, as she smirks "death is unpredictable,"
"it might be, but what did you mean by 'you're not going to be alive for a long time' Kady?"
"as I said, death is unpredictable,"

"you're morbid," I spit out.

"Well, call it what you want right?" she says completely oblivious

"why are you like this?" I ask her genuinely curious

"why are you like this," she asks me the same question

"what does that mean?" I ask confused

"exactly"

I didn't understand her one bit. She was an unsolvable mystery her mind was more complex than any maze or puzzle., she tells me her brain runs at a million thoughts per second, a hot fucking mess, she calls it... she had the ability to think herself into a catastrophe. Although her mind could bring shame to any natural disaster mother nature could offer, her heart- well her heart would make it look like everything was okay.

"Your secrets are safe with me, I just hope you know that," I tell her as I look into her eyes.

"I do," she says "I do know that" she looks at me, and a smile glimmers through the side of her mouth.

Often people think intimacy is about sex but honestly, intimacy is about truth; your truth.

It's when realize you can tell someone your truth, or rather be your truth with someone. Then just standing in front of them bare and their response is "you're safe with me"- that's intimacy.

as she pulls me off the ground we walk back to the hotel in complete silence the only sounds we could hear were the loud chirping of the insects behind us.