Episode 8 "The Man in the Fallout Shelter" Part 2

Start from the beginning

We are looking through the victim's stuff as Boss walks in "I, uh... see you've decided to help Dr. Brennan and Venus with the case." Booth then answers "Oh. You know, if Angela's right, sure. Why not?" I pipe in "What's Angela right about?" They look at me as Booth coughs a bit, "Umm, you know if we solved this case faster, Bones will be happier?" I nod, "Yeah. Angela is right." They both sigh as Booth continues, "And... something for Bones. Call it Christmas spirit." Boss nods, "My thoughts exactly. Um... I thought I might take a look at the contents of the suitcase with you both." I smile, "It would be an honor to have that Boss, I was just about to start." Booth then ask "Why?" "It beats cobbling together Christmas decorations out of pipettes and graduated cylinders." I chuckle as Booth asks again, "No, I mean, what makes it an honor for you to help us? What makes you qualified to look at clues?" 

I gasp at Booth for not knowing about Boss. But he still explains it to Booth. "Well, just like Dr. Venus I'm an archaeologist. We are good with artifacts." Booth looks surprised and turns to me, "You're an archaeologist. I thought you were a forensic anthropologist and engineer." I look at him a bit disbelieved, "Ranger, we've known each other for almost three years, and you still don't know I have three doctorates in forensic anthropology, archeology, and in geology/mineralogy. And two bachelor's degree on engineering and kinesiology." Booth looks at me processing that information as Boss speaks up, "Do you mind?" "Of course, not Boss. You are always welcomed." Booth shakes his head, "No. Archaeologist? I thought you were an administrator." "Yeah, didn't start out that way. He was fastidious. Everything neatly folded as though by a trained valet. This man was by no means wealthy." I nod continuing, "All the clothing is well used and mended. Ranger look, it says 'Blackman and Ball, Fine Tailors. Washington, D.C.'" Booth nods adding, "Rest of his clothes are all labeled from Tulsa, Oklahoma." Boss then sees a letter and picks it up. "Huh? Female handwriting." Booth then asks, "How'd you get that?" "After cuneiform, handwriting is a snap. 'Dearest Lionel...'" Booth then adds, "No envelopes, no return address." "No signature, either. Just this drawing of a leaf. They seem to be dated from summer of 1957 through to early winter of 1958. With your permission, I'll read these." "Yeah." I pipe in "May I join you reading them Boss." "Certainly, Dr. Venus." Booth then speaks, "Bones thought you might know what this is here." I nod, "I wasn't too sure what it was, so we wanted to ask you."

Booth then gets a call, and he answers it, "Oh. Hey, Rebecca. Yeah, thanks for calling. You heard what happened, right?" Boss then speaks to me, "Seems to be some kind of a pouch." I nod as Booth continues, "You don't have to see me. Sid agreed to bring him by. Don't make me beg." Boss and I stop and look at Booth as he continues. "Thank you." I look at him sadly as Boss asks, "Everything all right?" "Yeah." I pipe in, "I am sorry Ranger." He looks at me with a small nod and we go back to work. 

We were all around the table in the examination room as Hodgins speaks "So... so, if Lionel was a coin collector, that might explain the levels of lead and nickel in his bones." Zack then asks, "When do they insert the needle into your brain?" Temp then answers, "I sneezed because the air is dry. It's not valley fever." Boss then asks, "Any other symptoms? Headache?" Zack continues, "Any foul-smelling pustules on your shins?" Booth then cuts them off, "Look, she sneezed twice, that's it. Did you find anything else about the letters?" I nod excitedly as Boss speaks, "Quite a lot, yes. They are very, very passionate love letters." Booth then asks, "Careful Lionel had a girlfriend?" I answered this time, "A girlfriend who was in trouble." Angie then asks, "Pregnant in trouble?" Hodgins then adds in, "Whoa. Apparently, Careful Lionel wasn't so careful." Booth then speaks, "An unmarried pregnant girl? In Oklahoma? In the late '50s?" Boss then asks, "Do you suppose Lionel came up here to procure an abortion?" Before I could answer Angie cuts in, "You know what? This isn't a very Christmas-Eve-type story." Temp then adds in, "Of course it is. The Christ myth is built upon the travails of an unwed mother."