Bless me father for I have sinned

Isabelle watched as Robin's eyes wandered up and down her body before nodding with her goofy smile.

She rolled her eyes despite the satisfaction she got from the apparent approval. Ever since she noticed how much the girl appreciated someone with a good sense of style, she had been paying close attention to what she wore.

That particular morning, she chose to go with a slightly loose brown plaid blazer over a plain white tee tucked inside her stone bleach denim jeans. Everything looked pristine aside from the small amount of dirt that got unto the edges of her white adidas continental.

Earlier, Isabelle contemplated on wearing a chic pointed toe heels, but when she tried it on along with the black classy fitted slacks, she thought she looked like a trophy wife. A sexy one, but still a trophy wife. Or a girl boss. It depends. Regardless, she went with the jeans and sneakers, remembering that she was merely going to hang out at Robin's house.

It has been a week since they've had a proper conversation and it didn't help that Robin was terrible at texting. Isabelle pinned Robin as the type to spam someone with texts but it was the opposite-- there were only crickets and cobwebs. Robin eventually explained that she sometimes forgets that she has a phone and that sometimes she tends to reply to a message in her head but forget to actually type it out.

Isabelle understood. She now realized the extent of Robin's tendency to get distracted by just about anything. Still, she couldn't help but pout a little when the other girl forgets to respond to her texts. Isabelle just really missed her on some days.

Before Robin, she usually dedicates her Saturday mornings for studying and the whole afternoon for any recreational activities she felt like doing that day. Now, however, she forced herself to finish any homework given for the weekends during Fridays so she didn't have to worry about much when she's with Robin, which wasn't really a problem to begin with considering that her worries seem to float into thin air whenever she catches sight of the said girl, even if only for a couple of minutes.

The intense feelings she gets from thinking and being around Robin was sappy and cringy but it doesn't make it less true.

The rain that Saturday morning didn't last long but the earthy scent it left behind stuck around for hours. Standing on the deck connecting Robin's living room to their back garden, Isabelle took in the sight of Robin hovering around the plants with her guitar, giving her a shy smile like she'd been caught doing something she shouldn't.

Warm sun rays hit the shorter girl's exposed slightly tanned skin, thanks to her thin spaghetti strap top she tucked in a striped shorts. The wind blew her hair lightly but the silk headscarf kept it in place except for the now-medium length bangs that was parted in the middle. Isabelle could hardly call it bangs.

"There was a tiny frog," Robin grinned, walking towards her, showing her how tiny it was with her fingers.

Now that she remembered the scene she arrived to earlier... "Were you singing to the frog?"

"The dragonfly too." Robin shrugged, placing her guitar down the deck before walking into Isabelle's arms.

Isabelle was still standing on the deck so when she pulled the shorter girl into a hug, the latter's top of the head only reached her shoulders. Cradling Robin's head to her chest, Isabelle hid a little smile that speaks of barely concealed affection.

Robin pulled away slightly, glancing up at her with a dopey grin, giving her a surge of energy she desperately needed as she just suffered another sleepless night.

Streaks of light were hitting Robin's eyes and in this angle, with Isabelle looking down at the girl, she could clearly see the different shades of brown in them. They always say that the eyes were the windows to the soul, but Isabelle begs to differ and thinks that the eyes in front of her were the gates to heaven. And sometimes she'd just have the urge to bar those gates so no one but her could see through.