Weekend sacrifice

Over the past week, the tutoring sessions proved to be useless. Well, Robin did get a 13 out of 20 on their pop quiz. That was 5 points higher than the one before. Isabelle wasn't satisfied with the results and so she drilled Robin, going through each and every problems discussed during lectures and not giving up until Robin was able to solve the problem on her own.

The brunette did appreciate her tutor's efforts. It certainly didn't go unnoticed. But the thing is, she's academically stupid and there's nothing she can do about the limited brain cells she have. She was well aware of the limits of her intellectual abilities and was never shy to admit it. But now, now she's about to summon new braincells for her upcoming exam. She wanted to impress Isabelle and show her that she's not a waste of her time. Maybe she's not smart, but that doesn't mean she can't work hard, right?

And so Robin spent after schools a week before the exam burried in her math problem sets that Isabelle made for her. She went through every single one of them, memorizing the steps on how to get to the answer. It was difficult, but she had to make it.

Did it pay off? Well, yes it did. When Robin received her score in the exam: 87 out of a 100, she got so excited that she almost squealed when she saw the mark. When was the last time she got a line of 8 on a math exam? Kindergarten?

Once the class ended, Robin sprung from her seat and shoved her test in front of Isabelle's face who was startled to say the least.

"This just proves how great I am."

"Big head."

"Ice cream after school. My treat."

"I don't--" Isabelle's protests was cut off when she caught sight of the hopeful face of the other girl. She found herself suddenly helpless and couldn't say no. Who could even say no to that face? "Fine."

As her classmates left the room one by one, Isabelle found herself smiling at the thought of her stupid classmate but the smile quickly turned upside down when realization hit her. "Oh, God no." She might as well just throw up.

"I can't believe God sacrificed His son for this

"I can't believe God sacrificed His son for this." Isabelle grumbled as she was bombarded by countless of shameless flirting from Robin. The two of them were asked to fetch the mop from the hallway closet after accidentally spilling the paint water from their art class.

"See, the thing that I don't understand is, if he's oh so powerful, why would he need to sacrifice someone at all?

Why would God require a sacrifice for something that could just as easily be done without a sacrifice? It's needless cruelty if you ask me. And what sacrifice? Jesus was dead for two days." But then again Robin assumed being nailed on a cross would be extremely painful so she guess she can let it slide.

"He sacrificed his son to show the severity of evil and having sinned."

"You do know that your belief is rooted in fear. Fear that you'll end up in hell."

They both entered the hallway closet with Robin closing the door accidentally.

"It's rooted in faith and love."

"Really? Tell me, if there's no hell, would you still adhere to the teachings of the bible? Knowing that there's no consequence."

Isabelle grabbed the mop and looked for the bucket for the water. "See, that's why there's hell. It holds back people from doing disgusting sinful things to each other."

"So, you agree then? That your belief is rooted in fear?"

Isabelle merely rolled her eyes and went for the door knob of the closet, only to find the door not opening.

"Knowing that God knows all of this will happen before it even did makes my head hurt at how absurd it is." Robin was in her own world, not noticing the frozen state of the other brunette. "Huh."

"Hey. Hey! Be quiet! I can't open the door." The president rattled the door knob but to no avail, it didn't change anything. Isabelle can't even blame Robin from closing the door as her mind was overwhelmed by the sudden feeling of constriction.

No, no, no, no.

"Well, I guess we just have to wait for someone to walk by." Robin sat down the floor, shrugging.

"Wha-- How are you so calm? We're trapped here!" Isabelle once again rattled the door knob before giving up and hitting the door instead. "Open up!"

"Chill."

"Chill? How can I be chill when there's a possibility that we'll be locked here forever?"

"Oh come on, don't be dramatic."

"Stop okay? You're not helping. I just don't appreciate being stuck inside a confined space. Especially with you."

There was a moment of silence followed by the sound of Isabelle's rapid breathing. Robin looked at the girl who's cheeks were pale, looking like she was about to throw up. There was no way Robin was coming out of this closet smelling like vomit. She had to do something. Fast.

"Fuck, marry, kill."

"Can't you see I'm--"

"Barney, Shrek, and Michael Jackson."

"I--" A sigh escaped Isabelle's lips as she sat down next to Robin. Perhaps she can humor her for a minute.

And it worked. Isabelle forgot about their current situation as she thought hard about the game like her life depended on it.