The one where Isabelle gets another point

"Hey, little one. I can't wait to meet you. I know you've only been in mommy's tummy for a while, but I already love you."

A groan was followed by the rolling of the eyes. "That's it. This is my thirteenth reason." Isabelle smacked her girlfriend of five years' head that was pressed against her stomach. "Get off." Clearly, she wasn't getting the same amount of amusement Robin got from teasing her that the bloating of her stomach was due to a baby and not at all the immaculate margherita pizza they had for dinner.

Giggling, Robin sat up lazily, her black wide-leg pants creasing from the movement. "What if you are pregnant?"

"Have you ever seen me willingly let a man stand near me?" Having had enough, Isabelle stood up from the bed and reached for her wrist watch.

"Okay, hear me out. What if--" Robin held up a finger, widening her eyes a bit for effect. "What if an angel came tonight and told you that God has chosen to impregnate you?"

Isabelle spared her girlfriend a glance as she adjusted her wrist watch. "The only angel that would come tonight is you."

"I--well, that's--" The shorter brunette blinked a couple of times, her jaw hanging open as her brain was rid of any coherent thoughts. "If you're trying to shut me up, you've succeeded," She grumbled and stood up from the bed to give Isabelle a brief kiss on her lips. They couldn't afford to be distracted, else they arrive even later to the party than they already were.

Isabelle wasn't particularly thrilled about having to attend the party hosted by her workmates. She was a new hire at the tech company under the management team and one of her coworkers had the fucking brilliant idea to have a party exclusively for the new hires. To be honest, she did consider not attending but Robin insisted that she needed to be in the good side of her coworkers for her long-term benefit.

Thus, with much disdain, Isabelle found herself entering a crowded house, bass thumping in her chest, and lights blinding whenever it hits her. It was like she was transported to her first and last university party. At least now she had Robin with her.

"I didn't know your company had this much new hires." Robin leaned close to Isabelle so she could be heard over the booming voice of Lorde.

"We don't," Isabelle shouted, getting mildly irritated by the bodies that keeps on bumping against her and her girlfriend. She guided Robin to walk behind her, extending her arm so she could push the people away from the two of them on their way to the basement, where her coworker messaged her they would be.

The sight that greeted them when they reached the basement almost made Isabelle roll her eyes. There was no way that they were actually playing truth or dare. This was such a waste of her time. Unfortunately, though, Robin didn't think so and pulled her towards the circle.

"Isabelle, you made it!" Kate, Isabelle's coworker, stood up from the floor and pulled her in for a hug that lasted longer than Isabelle would've liked. She wasn't particularly fond of people who act like they're close when they barely even know each other.

Robin introduced herself to Kate but wasn't welcomed with as much enthusiasm as Isabelle did. With the way the Kate girl clung to Isabelle's arm, forcing her to sit next to her, Robin already knew what this was about much to her amusement.

Smirking when Kate pulled Isabelle to sit beside her, Robin followed suit. Without even sparing a glance at her girlfriend, Robin could already feel the annoyance radiating off of Isabelle. The shorter girl took note of the time displayed on her wristwatch, silently guessing how many minutes it would take for Isabelle to make some sort of excuse to get them out of there.