"Nyx..." She said, her voice filled with fear. "He will find me... He will come for me..."

"No..." He said and took her hand. "He will never find you..." He tried to calm her down, hoping to calm her down. Her heart was speeding and her breath strained.

"But if..." Her face twisted again and a silent scream left her lips. She started to fall down when her knees gave up. Buckling to the pain.

"Evalyn... You are safe here... We all will help... I will help." He wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up, taking her back to the room. "Luna take over the wards..." He asked his sister before moving in to dull Evalyns pain, making her calm. His hand in hers the entire time.

Regina asked Kira and Luna to get things for her, updating them all of the progress. Nyx didn't say anything, just did as he was told and kept Evalyn calm.

"It is time. Nyx, let her feel some pain so she knows when to push... Kira, be ready with the blanket..." Regina told them. "Evalyn, love, it will soon be over..." Nyx eased his grip on Evalyns mind, one hand still holding hers, and the other stroking her hair.

"It is soon going to be over..." He whispered as her grip on his hand hardened. "One more..." She was still crying, still in fear. "One more... You are doing great..." He had no idea if the words were bullshit or true, but right now, Nyx didn't care.

"Head is born... One more..." Regina said.

"I can't..." Evalyn looked over to Nyx. "I can't..." There was something in her eyes that made Nyx heart ache. A wish or a plea for help. He wished to take this pain from her, to take her fear and make sure she was safe.

"Just one more..." Nyx tried to give her some of his energy, tried to give her that last bit of strength to push through.

The room was quiet, and then a baby's cry was heard, small, angry. Kira was there and took the baby in the blanket. But Nyx only focused on Evalyn, who was just staring at him. Now that sweet smell faded, and he could fully feel her scent. Eucalyptus and lime, fresh and clear. And that pull he had felt for her got a name.

Mate.

He almost took a step back, not sure what this meant. If she realised it, or if she was in too much shock after the birth to know what happened, Nyx had no idea. The baby started to scream some more, calling for his attention. Kira moved to the door, Regina was still working, mumbling things that Nyx had no understanding of.

"Wait..." Evalyn said, her voice tired, and a bit hoarse. "What is it?"

"A girl..." Kira said. Luna was quiet, standing to the side of the room. Her eyes on Nyx.

"Can... Can I see her?" Evalyn asked. Nyx was still holding her hand. His mate's hand. That feeling he had felt for her from the start, from the day of the party... It all made sense now. And then came the anger.

The anger that his mate had a child, a child she never wanted, a child from one who hurt her... Once the anger was over, fear creeped over him. He knew that it was rare for females to have more than one child in their life. Nyx blinked. Jealousy? Was that what he was feeling in his moment? Over what? Kira moved closer, showing the girl's face to Evalyn. Nyx could see her too.

Love. Even if she was only a couple of minutes old, he could see how she resembled her mother. The nose was the same, and her chin... The girl had her eyes closed, not allowing them to see her eyes. Fear came back. Would they be brown like Evalyns? Or something else? The girl opened her eyes, revealing dark brown eyes just like her mother. The room was still, waiting.

"Hope..." Evalyn said and moved to take the child from Kira. "Her name is Hope." Nyx looked at his mate, did she know? Did she realise? But Evalyn only had eyes for her daughter.