Chapter 9

"You will have the rooms next to each other. Tirian, yours is to the left. Luna, right. I hope you will join me and my equivalent of your inner circle for dinner. Dress comfortably. Jacon here will come and get you when it is time. If you need anything, call for him. Now, take some time to familiarise yourself with your rooms." Helion pointed to the doos.

"Thank you Lord Helion." Luna said and bowed her head.

"I like that you now call me Lord, Luna." He said back with a wink and left. Luna couldn't help herself and she caught a glimpse of what he was thinking as he left.

"He is a bit extreme." Tirian said by her side and opened the door to his room.

"You have no idea..." She said back. "I will change and then we might ask this Jacon to take us on a tour of the palace?"

"That sounds like a plan." Tirian smiled back at her and Luna felt how her cheeks started to burn. Quickly she looked away, biting her tongue.

"Great, see you in a bit." She entered her room and closed the door behind her, finding that her heart was speeding. Maybe Nyx had been on to something when he had asked about her and Tirian. She did like it when they talked, and when they had their walks. The thought of living here alone with him was thrilling for her. She had talked to Kira about it all.

"I don't even know if I like him, like him. Or if it just is the fact that he is... Well, a new guy that is not family." She had said the day before they left for the Day Court.

"Do you think he is... Your mate?" Kira had whispered back. "For if that happened it would be quite a love story. Him, a lost male with no memory, only to get it back from his mate." She had made a turn as she spoke in a dramatic fashion. Draping herself over a sofa.

"No... I don't think he is my mate. That would be too good to be true." Luna said back, but maybe she did hope for that. Just for the very reason Kria said. It would be one hell of a love story.

Her, being locked up and hidden from the world since the day her mother knew she existed. Only to find her mate in the first male that she talked to. It was too good to be true.

"I can wish, what do you think Evalyn?" The third one in the group was resting in the bed, her arm draped over her face.

"It is too good to be true, so I wouldn't get my hopes up." She said back. "But if you think you like him, go for it. There is nothing wrong in being with anyone before you find your mate, if you ever will."

"That is true." Luna said back.

"But if you do indeed try to do a horizontal dance with him, protection of some sort is necessary. I can make sure you have tonics for your stay there. And more after." Evalyn continued and sat up. That day had been a good day for her. "And no, it should not hurt the first time. That is not good. And even worse if you start to bleed... And I know that Nestas books say otherwise, but the first time is not all that amazing and life changing. And if it is, you are with a much older and experienced partner. And from my estimate, Tirian is not that."

"I know..." Luna had said back, her cheeks burning red. "I don't think I want to have sex with him the first thing I do. But... A first kiss would be nice..."

"And if he is the enemy?" Kira asked. "Oooh! That is a story! Lovers from two sides of a war! How romantic!"

"No, tragic." Evalyn said back. "Whatever you decide, tell me, we don't want another... Situation."

Luna sat down on the bed in her room in the Day Court. Evalyn had a point. But she couldn't help that she liked the idea of her and Tirian being a couple. Even for a short time. She shook her head and started to change from her black pants and shirt, into a simple spring dress. It was designed with the Day Court in mind by Kira. Luna did her hair in a braid and walked out to find Tirian standing ready. A dark grey shirt with buttons down the front. Luna took in his look. They had already realised that Tirian was used to hard training, for his body was muscular and toned. Not an Illyrian warrior, but almost.