Chapter 10

She was nervous, that was clear as day. On her bed she had placed out three outfits to choose between, one was an evening gown, similar to the one she had worn on the first meeting with her fathers allies. But instead of two pieces, it was in one. Then there was one of a more traditional Night Court style, loose flowing pants, and a silk top, cut to reveal a strip of skin over her waist. Lastly it was a way more casual look. An oversized blouse and tight pants. She ended up picking the traditional outfit, sadly one not made by Kira.

"But she has made the rest." Luna muttered to herself as she got dressed. She framed her different colored eyes with a light dust of pigment. Letting her lips be neutral. Or... Luna let out a frustrated sound and got up, walking around in her room trying to get her head cleared up.

She both loved and hated how Tirian made her feel. He made her fluttery and her mind unfocused. The first part she liked, the second not as much... She had already found herself listening in on servants' minds as they walked past her door. Twice. She made sure to close off her mind, hoping to make it harder for her to listen in on someone by mistake.

"Lady Luna? Are you ready for dinner?" Tirian's voice came from her door. Luna smiled and relaxed her shoulders.

"Coming!" She called back and walked up to the door. Leaving her hair in the same braid as before. Tirian was waiting outside of her door, dressed in similar clothes as earlier.

"I must say, I am a bit nervous about dinner." He said as they walked to the dining area. "It feels so... Formal..."

"If it helps, I am nervous too." Luna whispered back. "But I think the other guests are just as nervous." She added with a smile.

"Why?" Tirian asked and they passed over the waterfall.

"You are a Darkbringer with no understanding of your powers, and I am the daughter of two of the most powerful Fae of all time. I would be nervous to meet us." They entered the dining hall, decorated with gold and glowing flowers.

"How do you know I have no understanding of my powers?" Tirian said back.

"For if you had, you would have used it by now." Luna bowed her head as Helion aporched them.

"Good to see you again!" He greeted them and took Luna's hand, placing a kiss on the back of it. "Take a seat!" A long table was set for them, and Luna saw that five other Fae were already seated, leaving two chairs empty and Helion's chair at the head of the table. The High Lord guided her to sit at his left, leaving Tirian to sit between two of the other Fae.

"Hi! I am Tirian." He greeted them and Luna held back a laugh. Both of the Fae looked as if they were faced with a strange creature with five arms and two heads.

"Novak, Head of the Guard." One one on Tirians left said. A broad shouldered male with a beard and shaved head, unusual for Fae.

"Oleg, Master Spy." The one on his right said and took Tirian's hand. Luna didn't miss the fact that he was placed between them. Oleg was slimmer than Novak and his hair was filled with small braids and golden pearls.

"Hi! I am Diego, second in command." The third one sat on Helion's right side.

"My nephew." Helion explained. "And heir." Luna turned her head to the heir.

I had no idea that he had one... She thought to herself. "Luna, daughter of Rhysand and Feyre of the Night Court." She said with a smile.

"We know." Diego responded in a monotone voice.

Not the most cheerful type.

"After the war, I think all the High Lords realised that we need an heir." Helion explained at her side.