Blackout

"Please tell me why you're acting like this again."

"Again? Nile, it's been years since my last outburst." I say, shaking my head.

"Yeah? Well that doesn't make it any better. You're still killing innocent people because you're pissed."

"He wasn't fucking innocent. He raped some girl, he deserved it."

"Since when are you so considerate about anyone else but yourself?"

"Since Isa."

"Wait... Isa's the one I met at that party, right?"

"Yeah."

"Wow. She hasn't run from you yet?" Nile says with a smirk.

"Mm-mm. She hasn't seen this part of me yet."

"And you've been with her for what, a couple months?"

"Ten. But that's what I'm afraid of. Showing her this angry, vengeful, and dark side of me and then her being afraid to just... be free around me. Y'know?"

"Hm..." she says, looking at the road. "So you love her?" she asks, looking sincerely at me.

"Yeah. I do." I say, sitting back.

"Does she love you?"

"I know she does." I say quickly, kind of offended.

"Sorry. I was just getting to my point. If you love her and if she loves you like you know she does, you should trust that she'll still be there after the fact. And you shouldn't be afraid to show your true self if you're confident that she loves you back. Relationships are all about trust, and you should trust that when it's all over, she'll be there." she says with a shrug.

I nod my head.

"I do." I say, slouching a little in my seat.

"Okay then. No issues, right?"

I look from the window to her and I sigh, throwing my head back as we drive.

As Nile parks my car, I open my door and I go to the front door, barging in.

"Hey Ky." Isa says, turned around as she walks over to me to kiss me.

As she runs her fingers through my hair, she turns her head to look at me and the smile wipes off her face.

"Ky, what did you do?" she asks, looking me in my eyes.

"He gets like that."

Nile walks in with a smile on her face.

"Isa. Nice to see you again." she says.

"It's... Nile right?"

"Right." she says with a smile. "Anyway, I walked up to him when he was shredding some guy to pieces, and I had to stop him before anyone saw."

"Nile." I say in a stern tone.

She shrugs.

"What?"

"We fucking- we talked about this." I say, throwing my hands up and wiping the blood from my cheek as I storm upstairs.

I go to the bathroom and I begin to undress, turning the shower on. The hot water hits the floor, and immediately, steam starts to consume the shower. I step in, seeing as there are no doors, and I hang up my towel next to the shower.

The shower-head pours water down on my head and the water beneath me turns red as all the blood in my hair and on my face, neck, and part of my chest run off my body.

I close my eyes as I put my head down, water dripping off my face, and suddenly, I feel cold hands on my back.

I turn around and I wrap my arms around Isa's body, holding her against my chest.

She just lies there, her head on my chest, and her hands running up and down my back.

"I'm sorry for brushing you off." I say.

"It's okay. I just have one question." she says to me.

"What's that?" I ask, picking up the shampoo bottle and pouring some on her head.

"What happened out there? You just.. you left and then you come back covered in blood."

I sigh as I lather the shampoo through her hair, massaging her scalp and kissing her forehead as her head still lies on my chest.

"You really wanna know?"

"In detail."

"Are you sure about that part?" I ask, chuckling at her.

"Yeah, come on Ky."

I shake my head, combing my fingers through her hair.

"Well, when we came back home and went upstairs, I looked at the mattress and I saw your blood on the sheets. It just.. a switch flipped in my mind and I wanted nothing more than to just... hurt someone for what had happened to you. I felt like killing Jacob wasn't enough for me. I wanted someone to suffer. And I knew that it wouldn't change anything, I just... I kinda blacked out in a rage." I say.

"And?" she says.

"And... I was driving down the streets when I pulled up next to an alley. This man had his hands on a woman and she looked like she was in distress. She had bruises. It was obvious she'd been raped. So, I let the woman go and I blanked. It was in and out from there, but I know I ripped him open. I stabbed and cut at his skin, deep with the knife I had, and that was only after I'd beat him real bad."

She stays quiet as she lies on me, then she starts to kiss my chest.

"It's okay. I love you." she says.

With a soft smile, I wrap my arms around her.

"Good, 'cause I was really worried you wouldn't."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I dunno... I was just afraid you'd run from me because you were frightened and I kinda just... stuck to it."

"I couldn't. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't."

I hold her head in my hands, looking her over, then I place a soft kiss on her lips as she stands there holding one of my wrists as she kisses me back.

She pulls away, but I chase after her, pulling her back in for another kiss. When we finally pull away, she lies back on my chest, letting me finish washing and rinsing out her hair. I sit on the bench inside the shower, and I let her pour some shampoo into my hair allowing her to wash all the blood out of it.

When she finishes, I grab my body wash and Isa does the same.

When we're finished with that, we get out and Isa puts on her lotion and deodorant, and I do the same. We get dressed and she grabs my hand, looking me in my eyes before we walk out the door.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine, baby."

She waits for a second and then puts her lips on mine, kissing me softly before rubbing my temple and putting her head to mine.

"Promise?"

"Yeah. Really, I'm okay."

She caresses my hand and holds it as she opens the door and walks out with her hand in mine.