Safe

He makes me sit on the bed as he packs up our bags because he doesn't want me doing anything else.

He's angry. Very.

He's completely quiet as he packs my shoes and the rest of my clothes into my bag. He puts my bags next to the door and starts to pack his bags as I stand up.

"I'll take mine to the car-"

"No. Stay right there." he says, interrupting me. I put my lips together and I back away from the door, sitting back down. He sighs and stops packing, putting his head down. "I'm sorry. I'm just a little upset." he says.

"It's fine. I get it." I say, messing with my fingers with my head down.

He steps in front of me and raises my head to look at him. "Are you okay?" he asks sincerely. "I never gave myself the chance to ask." he adds, putting my hair behind my ear.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I say, looking up at him.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." he apologizes, looking sympathetically at me.

"Worse has happened." I say.

He sighs and hugs me, my head resting on his stomach. I hug him back, wrapping my arms around his hips, and I take a deep breath, feeling safe in his warm embrace.

He pulls away and turns back to his bags. "Could you get our things from the bathroom?" he asks, folding his clothes and putting them neatly in his bag.

I get up and I walk over to the bathroom. I grab everything that's ours and I bring all of it to Kyzer and he takes it and puts it in his bag, opening my bag, when he needs to, to put all of my items with my things.

When he's done, he grabs all our bags and looks around to make sure we're not leaving anything. "Okay. Let's go." he says, walking out.

I shut the door behind us and we walk down the hall and downstairs. I stay in the house as everyone hugs me and tells me goodbye as Ky puts the bags in the car. When he comes back, M'Kenna runs up to him, crying.

"Why are you and Isa leaving? Is it because of Daddy?" she asks, sniffling and crying.

My heart breaks for her as I watch her grip tighten on him. "No, amor. It's just time for us to leave. Don't cry." he says, hugging her tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you, Bubba." she says.

"I'll miss you too, Kenna. Be good. ¿Te amo, esta bein? {I love you, okay?}"

"Yo también te amo. {I love you too.}" she says back. She whispers in his ear in Spanish and he smiles before putting her down to go to her mother.

He looks over to me and translates what she said. "She said she'll miss you and that she loves you. She says thanks for being here with me." he says.

Lisa lets her go and she walks up to me as I get to my knees to hug her. "I love you, Isa." she says.

I smile and I respond, telling her "I love you too, sweetie. I'll make your brother bring us back soon, okay?" I say, smiling.

"Promise?" she asks.

"I promise." I say, letting her go and getting back up, dusting myself off.

"It was nice meeting you, Isabella." Lisa says, smiling genuinely at me.

"You too. Bye everyone." I say as Ky walks up to Lisa, hugging her.

I can hear their muffled conversation as they talk.

"I'm sorry that he did that, Ky. I really am. I don't know what's gotten into him or why he did that, I really don't." Lisa says, crying.

"I know Ma. I know, I know you didn't mean for that to happen, and I believe you, it wasn't your fault. Don't do that. Don't blame this on yourself okay? We'll be back soon, I promise we'll be back. He can't keep us away." Ky says, hugging his mother tightly.

They pull away, Lisa wiping her tears before leaving a long kiss on Kyzer's head. They say goodbye and we head out, closing the door behind us and walking to the car.

I get in the passenger seat and Ky shuts my door and rounds the car to get in the driver's seat, then he looks over at me before starting the car.

"You alright? You need anything before we go to the airport?" he asks.

I shake my head as I look at him, and he nods and kisses my head softly before starting the car and driving to the airport.

When we arrive, one of Kyzer's men come to the car and grabs all of our bags, following us onto the jet and putting our stuff up.

I sit at the table and my phone suddenly rings with a call, so I pick up.

"Hey Mom." I say.

"Honey, hi. How have you been?" she asks.

"I've been.. I've been good. Living life the best way I can." I say back, trying to sound hopeful.

"That's good. I just wanted to make sure you were okay and hear your voice."

"Yeah. I'm good. I love you, Mom."

"I love you too, darling. I miss you."

"I miss you too." I say.

Then she hangs up.

I sigh, running my hands through my hair. Then I suddenly hear Ky's voice behind me. "Your mom okay?" he asks, looking down at me with his hands in his pockets.

"Uh, yeah. She's okay." I respond.

"That's good. I'm gonna make a call real quick. I'll be in bed if there's anything you need." he says, giving me a small smile.

"Actually I'm gonna join you if you don't mind." I say, getting up.

"Oh. I don't mind." he says, walking to the bed, me trailing behind him.

I get in on the left side and he gets in on the right, keeping his distance. He dials a number and puts the phone to his ear, starting to talk.

"Cancel the rest of the day and the next three days down here. I'm coming back home and I need some time off. I'll still be watching everything, but I'll need you to attend my meetings and take notes for me. Thank you. No, it's......" he continues, trailing off as I turn to face him.

After he gets off his phone call, I wrap my arm around his hips and I pull myself closer to him, making him look down at me.

"What's wrong?" he asks, scrolling through his phone.

"Can you.... can you just hold me? I'm still a little afraid of flying. I wanna- I just wanna feel safe." I ask.

Without a second thought, he scoots further onto the bed and wraps his arms around me, pulling me close to him and softly rubbing my arm with his thumb.

I know we aren't together, but this is what we could be. I want this to be us. Obviously, I'll give it more time, just to feel it out a little longer, but I know for sure that he's the one I want. Nobody else.

Him.