Prologue

Hoseok's POV

Whirring lights of blue and red bleed in through a foggy downpour muted by noise cancelling headphones and I've been nursing into sensory oblivion. I don't hear the officer's command to put the bottle down. Don't see his fat nervous fingers diddling his service weapon like a eagle catching his pray.

I ignore him. Swallow another mouthful of amber hell.

Kendrick's murdering beats and I'm trying to keep up, slurring the poetry into an ugly drunk mess.

It isn't until garlic peppered breath is grunting heavily into my ear that I spring back into the land of the living dead.

I'm facedown in a puddle with a knee in my back, clothes sucking up cold water like a sponge.

For a split second I consider putting up a struggle. Goad the overweight cracker into drawing down. Reach for his weapon. End it all there. Be easy. The times are the times after all. But... no. My grandma would come knocking on Hell's Door to whoop my ass for willingly becoming another fucking statistic. That's the last damn thing I want. So I put up with his attempts to manhandle me into his cruiser.

Attempts. Fucker's shiny baldhead is popping veins and flushing crimson. Fucking Americans. I can tell he wishes he had an in-shape rookie as his bitch to handle all the physical stuff. Officer Diabetes looks like he's about to stroke out on me and that's the last thing I need on my conscious.

Study abroad in The States so far.

"Need a donut, officer?" I slur.

Huffing and puffing, he shoves me against the cruiser and my head bounces off the window.

I see stars.

"Guess not," I chuckle through a mouthful of blood I spit out onto his uniform.

His eyes cycle through the stages of annoyance and... well shit, ain't that a surprise, Officer. Pity? Sympathy? Officer Diabetes with a caramel-filled heart of gold?Wheezing, he apologizes and... I actually believe him. He nods to the open door, eyes pleading. I give him a broke ass smile and throw myself into a cruiser that smells like prison.

Smells like home.

A/N Follow me on Instagram
hisbluelavender

I'll be really honoured if anyone reads my story hope you guys like it....... 💜