Chapter 27

You look at the paper in front of you. You don't know what to do with that, you just staring. You played with the pen in your hands, you don't want to use it. After all the fight, tears, pleads, sorry and now you can finally let go.

Staying here in with her on one roof because your kid requests you are already decided, it's time to sign these papers. To finally let go. You are ready, thinking about this all day makes you more sure that this is what your heart wants.

Long handwritten note
Deep in your pocket
Words, how little they mean

"We are okay but im not coming back, Scarlett," you said and pulled her hands away from you. You wipe down the tears that continuously fall.

"Please, let's fix this, Y/N. I want to fix this, im begging you" she pleads holding your hands but you just pushed her away. You both know well that this relationship won't work anymore. You always ended up crying. You don't want that to happen again.

"We can't fix this, Scarlett. We can't fix this because you and I are broken, we can't repair something that turns into dust. We can't fix us."

I stood right by the tracks
Your face in a locket
Good girls, hopeful they'll be and long they will wait

"So this is the end? You won't fight anymore? You already give up on me when you promised me that no matter what happened you will stay" she fired back.

"We're already over when you answer his text. When you think about cheating on me. Me? Didn't fight?! You know damn well I fought, I begged for you to choose me. I begged until I look like stupid, like a child who's begging to be loved! You know damn well I fight for you, for this marriage, for our children!" You exclaimed. "I'm made my promise, I stay, didn't I? But you give me a reason why I should leave."

We had a beautiful magic love there
What a sad beautiful tragic love affair

"I vowed through ups and downs until death does us part. I do, Scarlett. But you killed me! You kill me by choosing him, you killed me when you left me all alone, you killed me." You want to explode, to shout and hurt yourself because you don't want her to get all your anger. You want to experience the pain alone.

In dreams
I meet you in warm conversation
We both wake
In lonely beds
In different cities

"You how much I hate being betrayed. You know how much I hate it when people make me feel stupid. You know so well I don't give seconds chances but that thing I forget because of you. I give you a lot of chances, but you still waste them."

"I want to give you another chance for the kids, I know Olivia wants to have a complete family she may not say it, her eyes tell me everything. But I can't love you anymore, I don't have anything to give because you get them all."

And time
Is taking its sweet time erasing you
And you've got your demons
And darlin' they all look like me

"The only thing we can do is to let each other go. Let me go." You walked to face her, you caress her cheeks and wipe down her tears. "This is a goodbye. I'm grateful that our beautiful yet messy love story comes to an end. That once upon a time, I have a chance to love you"

"I don't want to end this, please. Don't"

"We may not want it, darling. But we have to. Everything has an end and this is ours. Let's close our book, we reached our epilogue" you plant a long kiss on her forehead. The last kissed. A kiss goodbye.