Chapter 18

Scarlett comes home and she notices your car is not there. So she decides to go and check if Olivia is in the house already. She spent the day with Lizzie, she get scolded by her and tell her to stop.

"Hi, Olivia" she greets her kid, Olivia just smiles. She walked passed her with a bag of chips and go to the living room. Olivia is also mad at her for making her mama cry.

"Where is your mama?"

"You want to say sorry?" Olivia said while eating her chips while she wiggle her brows.

Scarlett face blushed at her daughter's question and actions. "Yes," she said, almost whispering.

"What, mom? I didnt hear it, the movie is too loud"

She looked away at her daughter's teasing look, "I want to say sorry to you and your mama. Im sorry if I wasted your efforts, I didnt mean to. Im so sorry" she apologized.

Olivia just nodded, "I dont know where mama is"

Her forehead wrinkled, "what do you mean? She didnt fetch you?" Scarlett asked confused, Olivia shook her head. "Who brought you here?"

"Uncle Lucas. He fetched me because he said mama is busy" Olivia answered.

Scarlett sighed. She knows you are really mad and wonder where you could be. When shes at Lizzie's house she try to call you but her phone is off and her message are only delivered.

Scarlett goes upstairs to change. She called Lucas to ask about you. Shes already worried.

"Lucas? Do you know where is Y/N? She didnt answer my calls and didnt even read my message."

"She didnt tell me where she is. She said shes busy. She just call me and asked if I could fetch Olivia and nothing more. She sounds cold on the phone." She just nods and sits on the bed.

"Alright, thank you Lucas for fetching Olivia." She said and end the call. She lay down on the bed and look at the left side, caressing the cold sheet. You didnt come home last night though you told her not to wait, shes too stubborn. She waits for you until the sunshine is so bright.

She tried to call you again and she hear it rings. She immediately sits down and waits for you to answer it.

"What? Is Olivia already there?" You said with a bored tone. That makes Scarlett's heart sink.

"Yes, I just want to—" she didn't finish her sentence when you cut her off. You know she's just going to say sorry, and now you don't need it.

"Good. Im busy"

"But-"

"Im busy, Scarlett. Dont bother me like what you said." After you said that you end the call. She admits that your words hurt her and how you give her a cold treatment. There's no one else to blame but herself. It's on her.

----

"12 am" Scarlett read the clock. It's already 12 am and no trace of you. She patiently waits for you. Olivia is already asleep and still, you're out of nowhere.

"Where on earth have you been, Y/N?" She asked herself and called you again.

Tsk. You dont have a right to complain. Remember you made her wait for you for a long time for nothing but heartache.

She was about to get her keys and find you when she saw your car outside. She saw you still in your attending uniform and carrying your bag. You look so exhausted. She runs to the door and opens it for you. You look shocked that shes still awake at this hour but you shrugged it off.