Chapter 6

Olivia's POV

I got a good sleep that's why im making my mom's breakfast. She has shot this morning while I, im busy touring my mama around New York and giving back her memories.

"Why I didn't get mama's phone number?!" I scold myself and tap my forehead. "Gosh, Olivia!" I add and put the foods on the plate. It's already quarter to seven.

I run to my room again and pack some extra clothes, im sure im gonna get dirty. I also put there my inhaler and first aid kit, just to be sure. I almost forgot my notebook and Instax, I bring extra film for it.

I eat my food faster and I don't think it digital well and who cares? Not me. I left a note for mom and tell her im gonna be out for a while and ill be back at 6 in the evening. I put on my shoes and run to the shop. I still have time to help Mrs. Agnes.

This is the first time im going with mama though she didn't know im her kid still, im thankful she's alive, and I got a chance to meet her again. I just need perfect timing for her to remember everything so she could get out with her fake wife.

She's so frantic to get my mama knowing she break her first. Mama told me it though she didn't give me any more details, she just said that when she's out for her internship she has a bad feeling about Claudia's behavior. Mama told me she's more secretive and she's always late to their dates. Then boom, she caught her with someone else then mama broke up with her but this cheater ugly witch is too obsessed with my mama. I'm just making the story short since the author is too lazy to write.

"GOOD MORNING, MRS. AGNES!" I greet her with so much energy. I don't know where I get this knowing I didn't sleep. I'm just excited. I hope she'll be here.

"You're in a good mood," she said and handed me a pile of books. I gladly take it and smile at her. "I'm always in a good mood, ma'am" she shook her head and chuckle, "you're always wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Grumpy and gloomy"

I scoff and hold my chest as if im hurt by that, it's all true tho. "I've changed. People change" I put the book on their designated shelves. Mystery and thriller, horror, romance, fiction, Sci-Fi, and tragic ones. 

"People change, sometimes good. Most of the time, worst. They change maybe because they see their worth and they want fair treatment. Or they change to gain more power and hurt others like what they felt. They want to get even" she said.

"They wanted to feel the life that they didn't get, the love they didn't feel, even if the only way they have it is to be the antagonist of the story"

"That's deep and good, Mrs. Agnes. You relate to that?" I asked. I still have time. I love teas and gossips.

"What part? To be the antagonist of your lover's story? Yeah. I have been like that" she said. I get a chair so she can sit, of course, that's the use of a chair. Duh.

I sit down on the floor and look at her, ready to listen to her story. I've been heard my uncles and aunties' love stories, even my mama and mom. I want to hear from others because they didn't get the chance to have a happy ending story like what the books told us.

"Are you sure you want to hear about it?" She asked and I frantically nod at her causing her to giggle.

"I met this person for a long time, that was 45 years ago. I was young at that time, I only have one goal in my life and that is to get a job. My eyes are straight to that goal I have when I met him. He's heartbroken that moment, so I fix him. I fall in love with him not knowing I lose myself while I try to fix him. We've been a couple for at least two years, we're happy that time not until her ex showed up. Handed him an envelope with an invention of her wedding. Weird and crazy right? I know and you know what I did? I let him go there. I let him agree because I thought he's into me already and won't break my heart but then again, I was wrong. It's already in the middle of the ceremony and then the father asked if someone opposed that wedding. He looks at me, with hesitation in his eyes, he mumbles a sorry then lets go of my hand. From that moment I know, I just fixed him for someone else.—"