Chapter 15

Scarlett's POV

We are in bed cuddling, my head is on her chest while she looks at her watch. Her work in the hospital will start today and I don't want her to go. You can't blame me, after what happened to us, I don't want her to be out of my sight.

"Darling, I have to go. I'm late already" Y/N said softly, looking at me with pleading eyes. I snuggle close to her, "5 more minutes, please" I mumble against her chest.

She giggles, "what? How can I hear you when you talk to my chest?" She asked, I pinch her side and pout at her. "I said 5 more minutes. You're warm and comfy"

"Fine. Just 5 minutes." She hugged me, making our bodies close to each other. I have this thing that I love to do with her, I love hearing her heartbeat. The beat of her heart is calming and securing me that she's with me.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I look at her confused by her question. I'm okay, am I?

"Yes. Why did you ask?"

"I know you so well, darling. You don't look okay. Is something bothering you?" I shook my head. "Okay, I won't force you to say it to me right now but im here. You can tell me everything"

I don't know if it is okay to say it to her, I mean it's already in the past and we're already okay. I'm with her but why im feeling like I need to choose.

Y/N is already on her way to work, she also convinced Olivia to go to school and continue her studies. Thankfully, Olivia agreed to her mama's request. I'm alone in the house. I do some household chores. My attention diverted to my phone when a message popped up, it may Y/N.

"Hey, Scarlett are you free today? Can we talk?"

My face dropped at what I read, disappointment is written on my face. Why is he still messaging me? I thought were already over. He said it straight to my face so I didn't fight anymore. Then another message comes in.

"Darling, im already here. If you need something just call me, okay? I love you"

I reply immediately. I know she's already working and she might see my reply after an hour or so but it's okay with me. As long as she's already there and doing what she loves.

----

I roam my eyes in the restaurant where Colin said. I want to finish this already. I don't want any problems. It's already quarter to one when I got here and still, Colin is late. Yes, I agree with him to meet for some unknown reason, I feel like I can't say no to him.

I choose to sit near to window so if he comes in he can see me right away. It feels so weird and wrong. My heart is racing and I feel sweat around my palm. Moments later the door of the restaurant opened, and it was him. He looks around to see where I seat until our eyes meet, I don't know but I feel my heart beats so face than before.

"Hi," he said and smile at me.

I composed myself and smile at him, "hi, take a seat"

"I'm sorry im late. The hospital didn't allow me fo go without my doctor's consent"

"It's fine, I just arrive. So what do you need?" I asked, I feel a little bit nervous. I don't know why I feel this in the first place. Maybe it's his presence that made me feel like this, just like the first time we meet. "Do you want to order first?"

"No need. I just came here so we can talk properly" he said and smile. That smile once captured my whole being before.

Perhaps, we really need to talk this time. I admit that I think about him before I found out Y/N is alive. We decided to separate paths because things are too much to handle, and Olivia didn't want me to be in any relationship other than her mama.