Chapter 9

Y/N's POV

"Are you okay, honey?" Claudia asked me while I'm busy looking at the window, I didn't get enough sleep last night since I'm having nightmares again. I didn't bother to tell her because I know she going to lie to me again. Her stories didn't aline with what I'm dreaming and what my mind tries to remember.

"Yeah" I simply answer. All of my dreams are a little blurry but the voice is familiar to me. It's all familiar and it's giving me chills every time I heard it. "Are you sure? You seem off" she said, she put her hands on my thigh and squeeze it. I nod and look at the window again, avoiding her gaze.

I don't trust her anymore. I don't know who should I trust.

"Are you still mad at me?" She asked, her voice rising with irritation. "No," I said still my eyes locked on the trees and buildings I saw. "Then why are you acting like that?" She asked me angrily and pull over the car. "Look at me, Y/N. What did I do and you're acting like a bitch?"

"I'm not in the mood to fight, Claudia. Start the car because I have a meeting!" I said and take off her hands-on my thighs. But that just pissed her off. "We're not fighting, Y/N. I'm just asking you" she said with her annoyed tone. "Oh really? We're not? Then what do you call this?" I sarcastically asked her. She pushed me on the car seat and straddle my lap. "Why are you so mad at me? What did I do to you? I allowed you to go but you are still ungrateful!"

"Can you get off me?" I asked calmly trying to contain my anger so I can't hurt her. "You allowed me, yeah but you insist that I should only go to the office and nothing more? Can I have my life of second without your fucking chaperons? And enjoy it alone? Can I have it?!"

"You're life is me! And I'm your wife, Y/N! I have the control towards you." She angry shout and glared at me.

"Are you?" I muttered underneath my breath.

"What? What did you just say?"

"I'm late. Drive or I'll walk by myself" I said and pushed her off. She gets off me and starts the car. We fall into an awkward silence. I didn't realize that we're here already. I get my bag and walk out. I didn't bother to look at her, I'm angry at her, she lie and hurt me.

The ride in the elevator is suffocating, awkward, and uncomfortable. "You've changed" she uttered and trying to hold my hands. I didn't bother to push her off, I don't want to waste my energy. "People always change when they are hurt. And when people around them are lying making them feel like they are the most stupid thing in the world" I said implying something.

"What are you trying to say?" She asked and stop the elevator, facing me with a confused face. I smirk and shrugged my shoulder.

"I thought you're smart, honey," I said and chuckle at her. "Why you can't pick up what I'm trying to say?" I said with a challenging tone.

She didn't say anything, I pushed her on the wall, I heard her breath hitch that makes my smirk grow even wider, "why honey? Did someone cut your tongue? Or you are just that dump whore desperate for someone?"

I take advantage of her cloudy mind and pushed the button to make the elevator move. When the elevator opens, I grab my bag and walk to my office leaving her like that.

"That's what I thought"

"Good morning, Mrs. Y/N. Here are the files that need your signatures and to be approved. The meeting you have with the new investor will be at 3 pm. Do you need anything, ma'am?" Elise asked, my secretary. I smile at her, "thank you but I'm good. Thank you, Elise" she nods and gets out of my office.