Part 2/ the dragon police

"WE NEED TO LEAVE, AND WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW!" Ajilo Kirishima yelled across the house.

"What? Why!? "A concerned voice came from the other end.

"Because they found out! And they're coming here! Right now!" He said, frantically grabbing things and throwing them into his bag. It was a huge bag, but to Ajilo it felt like it filled up to fast.

A tall woman with brown hair and red eyes stepped into the room where he was standing.

"Found out what? Ajilo, you're scaring me!" Mila Kirishima said, sounding worried.

"They found out that you're human!!! They're coming to kill you! To kill both of us!" He said, grabbing her shoulders with both hands. "We need to run!"

"It is illegal for a dragon to marry a human! You know this! That's why we're in hiding! But they found out anyway, and we need to leave now! Or they're going capture both of us and kill us! "Ajilo said, the terror was evident in his voice.

After this, she quit asking questions and helped him pack.

20 minutes later, they were out the door and had set off into the mountains. And just in time too. As soon as their house was out of sight, there was a bone-shattering explosion followed by massive amounts of inky black smoke, curling into the sky from where their house had once been. Looking into the sky, you cold see several dragons circling the ruins of their house.

Most of the walk was spent in silence. Both of them were too afraid of being heard to say anything.

Both of them tried to imagine a life away from the village, and separately came to the same conclusion. If they were going to be safe, they could never live near anyone again. Dragons or humans.

After a few hours of traveling, the sun had mostly gone down. Mila reached over and grabbed her husband's shoulder. He jumped at the sudden contact, surprised as she broke the silence.

"It's getting rather late, and I'm hungry. We need to stop soon." Eijlo nodded at her, and they continued walking for a little while.

A few minutes later, they made it to a nice clearing, where they set up camp for the night, falling asleep soon after.

They woke up in the middle of the night to blood-curdling screams. Not knowing where it came from, they bolted out of their tent. Eijlo shifted to his dragon form, flew up to the top of the trees, and gasped in horror.

From his point of view, you could see their home, and most of the village that they had lived near, was up in flames.

They quickly decided that sleep was for the weak and that they needed to get further away before they were caught.

Mila shuddered at she thought of what they would do to her if she was found.

In the end, they were able to escape safely, only having one close encounter, and made it safely to a country far away from the dragon's land.

Weeks flew by, and they built themselves a nice little house in the woods, far away from any other villages, houses, or people. That way, they would never be found.

They would finally be safe.

About two months after their escape, they found out that Mila was pregnant....... A half-human, half-dragon child. One of the first to ever be born.

Words:579

Leaf out