Episode 5 "The Man in the Wall" Part 2

Začať od začiatku

We are in the car as Booth talks to us. "Okay, how about this... DJ Mount trusted Eve because they were sleeping together. So, she meets him in the wall, takes the drugs, kills him for Rulz, then he takes off." Temp adds in "You should write fiction." "What? It's reasonable." "It's not based on evidence. It's conjecture." "Look, I'm positing a scenario. We've been through this before." "Yeah, and it always seems to be a waste of time. Now, finding a marker on a bone..." "No. You know, I think I need a vacation. I think you do, too." I add in "Ohhh... I would like to go on a vacation. That sounds fun, I never been on a vacation before." "Really, Blueberry? You never been on a vacation before." "No. Right when I got discharged, I came straight working here at the Jeffersonian." Temp then adds after finding a comeback, "I'm not the one who's snippy." "Snippy? What are you, like, 70?" "See what I mean? I think you should find a nice, relaxing place to go on that vacation. Somewhere where you can get a massage, maybe some yoga." "I don't do yoga. Okay, push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups-that's what I do." I pip in "I do that as well, but I also do some yoga with Temp. It's pretty relaxing." "Why exactly are we talking about this?" Temp answers "Because your tense." "Because we're talking." Booth puts on his radio as hip-hop music plays. "You switched my music."

We are now in a dance studio as we watch people dance to the hip-hop music. The instructor looks at us. "What do you want?" "Special Agent Booth, FBI. These are my associates Dr. Brennan and Dr. Venus." Temp then asks, "What do you call this?" "Krump. The kids- they come here, they dance. They don't gangbang. So what do you want? You didn't come here for a dance lesson." We walk inside his office as he keeps talking "Hi, Maya. How you doing, baby? Come on, now. We're going to go outside and going to play with the rest of the kids, okay? There you go." Booth then speaks "We'd like to ask you a few questions about your sister Eve." He sighs, "What's she done now?" I then asked, "When was the last time you saw her?" About six weeks age when she dropped off Maya." Booth then asks. "Just dropped her off and left?" "Told me she needed me to watch her for a couple days. Left me some money." "Did you, um, happen to have a, I don't know, recent photo that we could take?" "Evie said she had cleaned herself up- she was turning her life around- and I believed her. She never came back. That little girl out there? That's her daughter. She's like a daughter to me, too." "Didn't it bother you Eve never came back? I mean, didn't you go look for her?" "I learned to let her go. And, Eve, she's had a lot of problems- drugs, hanging out with the wrong people. I mean, if I tracked her down and she takes Maya before she's ready... I'm not letting nothin' happen to that little girl."

I then asked him "Do you know Roy Taylor?" "Met him. DJ Mount. I like his stuff. He's pure. Play it for the kids." Booth then speaks, "We have reason to believe that she was with him the night he was murdered." "Murdered? You can't find Evie?" "No." "Oh, man... She told me she loved him. And that... she and Mount were going to take Maya away out of DC... give her a better life- one we never had." "You said she left you some cash." "Yeah. For Maya." "I'll buy what you have, two dollars to one." "Sure, man..."

We are back in the lab as Booth, and I were with Hodgins. Hodgins starts speaking "You may want the stooges at the FBI who are experts, due to your so-called "drug war" to run a comparison, but I'd say the methamphetamine on these bills match the meth found with DJ Mount behind the wall." Booth then speaks "And my guess is that Eve was with Mount at the time that he was murdered. How about this, huh? DJ Mount rejects Eve because of her questionable past. So, uh, hey, she gets mad, she wants to leave with some money, so, uh..." He stops as we just watch him come up with a scenario. "What?" 

I speak first "I am just listening on your scenario, giving you all my attention. It's the polite thing to do." Hodgin then speaks "Yeah, I don't really think much about that kind of stuff. I'm more about bugs and minerals. Sorry." "Oh, come on you guys. Hey, you're both smart. Hodgins look up from your microscope, huh? These are real people we're trying to figure out here." We stare at him for a bit. "Okay." Hodgins sighs as he speaks up "Maybe she was just using Mount- setting him up to get his drugs and money." "Very nice, Hodgins." "Yeah?" "Yeah." I watch as they have a bro moment with this as Hodgin continues. "Real question is, where does she go next?" "You're on fire, man." "After she left her brother place, because that is where she met her untimely end."