Chapter 36

The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted lazily in the gentle breeze. Tiny specks of dust seemed to dance in the afternoon sun rays that slanted through the window of Taehyung's office. The male finished the last of his coffee and averted his piercing gaze to the pdf document displayed on the screen of his monitor.

The solemn silence of the office was disrupted shortly after by a petite figure barging in through the black doors, startling the CEO who flinched back in his seat, distracted from the file he was working on the monitor.

His gaze landed on a certain blonde male who strode in confidently, plopping down on the comfortable white couch across him- arms folded over his chest, and legs crossed over the other; staring at the brunette expectantly.

"What?"

"Are we back to square one?" Jimin queried after a brief silence, shoulders tense as he titled his head to the side, "When you'd push us away and pretend like we're nobody, cut off all connections yourself and blame us at the end?"

"What's with you?" The concern gracing his friend's face caused Taehyung to break the eye contact, unable to find the courage in himself to look him in the eye, "And what the hell are you trying to do? Get married? Really Taehyung? I never thought you'd do that."

"People move on, Jimin. Let me do as I wish." Taehyung turned back to his computer, fingers flying over the keyboard as he typed away, avoiding the other's gaze.

"You. . You're not doing this, are you?" Jimin queried in a small voice, features softening as he focused on the male with a soft glint in his eyes. "You can't do that."

"I can, and I am." Taehyung murmured, brows knitting slightly. His head turned blank, yet even so, he kept his eyes on the screen, not a trace of emotion evident on his flawless face. The side of his lips twitched as he finally set his eyes on him again, "And I like her, what's the matter?"

Jimin's face contorted to a baffled look, eyes shimmering in his disbelief as he allowed his arms to fall to his lap, "The matter? You can't be kidding me right now."

"You're just being overly dramatic." Taehyung rolled his eyes, watching how the other slumped back in his seat, fingers carding through his blonde locks in sheer disappointment, "I like her, and that's it. It has nothing to do with you."

"What about Jeongguk?"

"What about him?" Taehyung turned to look at Jimin, lifting an eyebrow, unamused. Just then, a soft knock resonated through the office, interrupting a furious Jimin; whose eyes flickered to the door, before snapping to Taehyung. The aforementioned male exhaled deeply as he voiced out an approval, a pissed off look embedded on his face.

However, the expression soon dropped once he glanced at the doorway, recognising the figure stepping into the room and closing the door shut. For a split moment, Taehyung was caught off guard as he took in the male's appearance— eyes travelling down his dark blue buttoned up shirt, to his tight jeans, that flexed his luscious thighs. A soft hue of pink coated his cheeks as he quickly shifted his gaze elsewhere, failing to notice the deep auburn eyes observing it all in sheer disappointment.

"Ah, Jeongguk, we were talking about you."

Jeongguk's eyes darted to Jimin's sitting figure for a moment, before flickering to Taehyung who seemed a bit tense, yet not even bothering to look his way. "Sorry for the interruption. I've prepared the meeting room like you've said, and the conference will start in about thirty minutes. Mr. Lee has requested for an appointment with you, if you're interested."

Jeongguk then affixed his gaze on the older from his notepad, watching him purse his lips and nod after a moment, yet even so, refusing to look at him, "Okay. I'll be in the hall in a few minutes."