Chapter 6

Jeongguk watched the male's retreating back disappear into the black car before driving away. A sigh escaped his lips as he glanced down at the concrete ground, hands placed flat on the ground to support him since he was too vulnerable to get up at the moment. He was glad he wasn't arrested like he had expected. That would be the last thing he wanted after achieving the freedom he never had in years.

The guards had left shortly after the CEO, the black cars trailing behind the Bugatti on their way back to the mansion.

The red haired male sighed once the car disappeared down the road before turning to look at the boy who was kneeling with his body hunched on the ground, hands supporting his weight.

The red haired male eyed him for a brief moment before deciding to approach him. He crouched in front of the boy and analysed his face, bangs falling over his eyes and covering his celestial gingerbread colored eyes. "Hey."

The aforementioned boy looked up at the unknown male crouching in front of him, offering him a soft smile, "I'm Hoseok, what's your name?"

"J-Jeongguk." The younger mumbled, staring into his eyes through the bangs covering his eyes. A smile grew on Hoseok's face once he acknowledged the innocent features of the boy, "Nice to meet you, Jeongguk. I'm sorry about my friend, he's actually an asshole sometimes."

"It's okay." Jeongguk muttered softly, dropping his gaze to the ground as a sad look flashed in his eyes. The male, or apparently, Taehyung was really protective over his son. He literally punched him after knowing that he dared to take away his child when in reality, it was anything but that.

However, his own dad, gave no fucks about his well-being, rather he kicked him out like a peice of crap. Now, he had nowhere to go, nowhere to be safe. He belonged nowhere, nobody wanted to put up with such a pathetic human being like him.

A small smile spread over his lips despite all the bad thoughts clouding his mind. He was happy for Minjun, he had a loving dad who actually cared about him rather than leaving him alone and treating him like a peice of shit. He was happy he wasn't as unfortunate as him.

"You seem injured, are you okay? Do you wanna go to the hospital?" Hoseok queried, a concerned look embedding on his bright features as he eyed the boy's wounded arms and bandages. Jeongguk snapped out of his daze at the older male's questions and looked up, meeting his gaze.

"I—" Jeongguk was interrupted by the mint haired male who had been watching the whole scene unfold between them with an amused look, "We should leave now, Hobi. We can't just waste our time on him." He stated, arms crossed over his chest, face stone-cold with a glint of hostility in his eyes. His gaze was fixated on Hoseok, completely ignoring the other male's existence as if he meant nothing.

"Don't be a meanie." Hoseok scolded, brows creasing to a frown as he pursed his lips. He then turned to look at the younger with a soft smile, "Let me introduce you to him, he's Yoongi, the head officer of our department.
He's a bit shy when meeting new people and has a grumpy face but he's really nice. Just buy him cookies and compliment him and he'll be satisfied for the rest of the day. He likes it when people praise him."

"Yah! Hobi-ah! Let's go already!" Yoongi grabbed the red haired male by the arm and dragged him away from Jeongguk, cheeks burning as a flustered look made its way on his face.

Once they reached their car, Hoseok snapped his head towards Jeongguk and yelled, "It was nice meeting you Jeongguk-ah! I hope we'll meet again!" Before disappearing inside the car and driving off.

Jeongguk sighed, getting up slowly, and hissing when an awful pain shot up through his back, the pain of the scars and wounds left by his dad, a horrible memory he'll never be able to erase.