Chapter 3

The only sound in the room was his fingers hastily typing on the keyboard as his eyes stayed fixated on the computer screen. A tranquil atmosphere embraced him, making him feel at ease and focused on work. His goal at the moment was to complete the file he was currently typing within a few minutes since he hadn't been able to complete it in a long time.

Unfortunately, the serene silence had to come to an end when knuckles banged softly on the door, indicating someone's presence. He wasn't at the mood to see anyone at the moment though, all he wanted to do was work on the file he aimed to complete.

A soft sigh escaped the male's plump lips as he looked up from the computer, running his fingers through his brown locks before resuming to work in his computer again, "Come in."

A young lady in her office attire entered the office, eyes falling over Taehyung's figure who didn't bother to look up to acknowledge her presence as he continued to type away on the keyboard.

"What is it?"

"Mr. Kim, you need to check through these files. And you've a meeting to attend in five minutes." She reminded him, placing the stack of files on the desk and waiting for his next orders.

"Alright. Fix my schedule and arrange a meeting with Mr. Wang tomorrow. We'll have to make a deal." Taehyung demanded, mumbling the last sentence to himself, eyes never leaving the computer screen as he continued to type and edit a few lines.

The lady nodded before leaving the office, closing the door behind her and leaving Taehyung alone in his office. The aforementioned male sighed, leaning back in his seat and dragging his fingers over his face. He was awfully exhausted from all the work. Being a CEO was terrible in his perspective.

His phone rang, pulling him out of his train of thoughts as he glanced up from his fingers to look at his phone buzzing over the table. He swept his tongue over his chapped lips with a sigh before receiving the call, pressing the phone against his ear. "Hello?"

"Mr. Kim, your son, Minjun wants to go outside and is ruining the house." A maid spoke through the phone, tone laced with annoyance. Taehyung shook his head in disappointment, placing a hand over his face again.

"Take him out if he's going crazy. But bring him back home by 6." He mumbled, closing his eyes in exhaustion as he lazily held the phone to his ear. The maid muttered a quiet 'okay' and hung up the call, leaving Taehyung to sigh.

Slipping the phone in his pocket, he groaned and buried his face in his hands, rubbing his face before getting up from his seat and walking towards the door. He recalled that he had a meeting to attend in five minutes and he was running late already.

If he was being really honest, he didn't want to attend the meeting. All he wanted was to slump on his bed and drift off to his dreams, but that could never happen. He had to be a responsible man anyway. Or his dad would fret over him being an useless idiot.

__________

His head throbbed painfully as he stirred awake, a grunt leaving his lips as he scrunched his face at the pain he experienced throughout his body. His eyes fluttered open only to be met with a blur of his surroundings. He blinked a couple of times lazily, moving his arms around in pain. His whole body ached painfully and he couldn't recall what happened for a moment, until it all hit him.

Images of the previous events flashed across his eyes, breath hitching in his throat as his eyes shot open, mind picturing a blurry image of a ceiling. He wondered if he was going blind after all the beating he had recieved in the past. He couldn't imagine himself losing his sight, his heart clenched at the mere thought of it.