Chapter 33

3 hours ago:

A disappointed sigh left Jimin's lips as he dragged his fingers over his face, perched over his seat. A tranquil silence settled in the room, the only noise being the shuffling of papers as Jeongguk arranged the files scattered on the desk, enjoying the silent nightfall whilst Jimin stared at him in disappointment.

"I don't get it," His deep auburn eyes then flickered to the window from the younger's back, fingers carding through his blonde locks, "Why can't you just accept it?"

Jeongguk simply shrugged nonchalantly, too immersed in his work to be paying attention to the older, "I won't unless he says it himself." He glanced over his shoulder at the male who merely rolled his eyes, "You're just wasting your time here, you should leave."

"I'm not leaving without you, gguk." His eyes flickered towards the younger who had his back turned to him, facing the large shelf as he scanned through the pages before placing the file back and picking another one, "Its storming anyway, I'll drop you off when you're done."

"Then stop bothering me and let me finish this." Jeongguk muttered, pulling out a drawer and checking through the items. He picked up a pen and began scribbling something on the printed sheets, seemingly focused. Jimin rolled his eyes, rising from his seat on the leather couch of Taehyung's office, looking around, "How long will it take? Almost everyone has left and I guess we're the only ones here."

"You can wait outside, I'll be done in a few minutes." He responded, eyes never leaving the papers on the desk, tongue poking out as he filled the white page with utmost concentration.

The side of his lips twitched slightly as he exhaled softly, glancing at the younger, "Well, if you need any help I'm here."

"No, it's fine. I'm almost done." Jeongguk hastily arranged the remaining papers on the desk, a sigh evoking his lips once he was done with his work and satisfied, "You can leave, I'm coming."

Jimin wordlessly lifted an innocent shoulder and turned away, heading for the door, a slight click resonating through the room once he was out. A hushed quietness invaded the atmosphere once the older left, the room no longer filled with a certain high-pitched voice that couldn't cease complaining even for a minute. Even though a part of him was glad that he wasn't alone in a vacant colossal building, it still bothered him how the older wouldn't shut up for even a damn moment, and let him finish his work in silence.

Once he was satisfied with his work, Jeongguk was quick to flick the lights off and leave the office, locking it afterwards. Jeongguk had no idea what time it was, but he surely knew that it was too late to be out at this hour. It wasn't his fault his boss dropped a shit ton of work on him and left— or maybe it was at some point, as he wasn't energetic as usual, feeling a bit slothful. Of course, it couldn't be the same every other day.

A ding ricocheted through the elevator, Jeongguk stepping out and heading for the main doors, pulling them open just to see the blonde male waiting in his car, scrolling through his phone. He pursed his lips for a moment, before shrugging off the thoughts— skimming towards the dark blue car without a second thought. Although regretting his decision later when he drenched himself on the way, hastily pulling the car door open and slipping inside.