Chapter 32

"So, how was it?" The blonde male broke the short silence that had consumed the vacant break room, looking over to the ravenette sitting beside him. The other employees had left shortly after his arrival, as it had gotten late and it was time for closing up already. Jeongguk stayed behind, being in charge of locking his boss's office right after he was done with his work.

Jeongguk snapped out of his thoughts, meeting the older's eyes with a look of disbelief painted on his features, a slight scoff emerging from his lips, "Haven't you seen him, hyung?" He then tore his gaze away, back slumping against the couch and eyebrows creasing slightly as he pursed his lips, "He's been really fucking bossy lately and it's getting on my nerves."

"I don't get him. He's been really cold to other workers, but. . he's been weirdly nice to me," Jeongguk spoke slowly and thoughtfully as he collected his thoughts, seemingly in a daze. He exhaled softly through his parted his lips, "I don't know, he's just. . so complicated. I know that's just-"

"I'm not talking about the meeting, gguk." Amusement flickered in Jimin's eyes, eyebrows raising upwards in mild surprise as he met the younger's conflicted gaze, "The trip, I'm talking about the trip you guys had a few days ago. How was it?"

That seemed to push him off guard, pausing as he blankly stared at the older's face for a moment. Jeongguk then averted his gaze down to the floor, face heating up as the memories came flooding into his mind, images that just couldn't seem to leave his mind.

A tense silence settled in the room, causing Jimin to furrow his eyebrows as he leaned forward, scanning the younger's face, concern flashing in his eyes, "Jeongguk?"

The aforementioned male flinched slightly, eyes flickering to the older, taking in the concern evident in his gaze. He shook his head, looking away as he took a deep breath, lifting an innocent shoulder, "I-It was pretty fine."

Jimin simply raised a brow at that, unfazed. And it was clear that he wasn't believing his words until he'd spill out the real truth. Or he had his own ways to figure out the truth of course. Jeongguk fell silent, lips twitching as he looked away, tongue running over his bottom lip distractingly as he collected his thoughts.

The side of Jimin's lips curved into a sly smirk as he leaned back against couch, "You're a bad liar, Jeongguk. I can tell by the look on your face that you're lying."

"Tell me, gguk. What got you so flustered?"

Jeongguk stayed silent, chewing the inside of his cheek as he recollected the memories buried within his mind. His heart fluttered in his as he recalled their kiss, an evident blush coating his cheeks. Jeongguk blinked rapidly, a soft sigh escaping his lips as he glanced around, attempting to compose himself.

Jeongguk gulped, chewing onto his bottom lip as he recalled their conversation, "He says he can't make any promises of reciprocating my feelings."

"He says he's unsure, He doesn't want me to get my hopes up." Jeongguk mumbled, and Jimin could sense the hint of sadness laced within his tone, and a concerned look painted his features as he listened carefully to the younger.

"I don't know if he's fooling me with his words or. . if he truly means what he says." Jeongguk seemed too lost in his ocean of thoughts as he bit down onto his bottom lip hard, which caused Jimin to frown, leaning forward and interlacing his own fingers on his lap. "What makes you say that?"

"He's a man of his words, whatever he says, he means it and I'm sure he—"

"He kissed me," It left his lips as a mere whisper, almost inaudible, and Jeongguk was sure the older would've missed it if it wasn't for the tense silence lingering in the room.