Chapter 4

Jeongguk felt a small hand wrapping around his pinky finger and glanced down to see Minjun grinning widely and skipping in his steps. A smile formed on aforementioned male's lips as he turned to look ahead of him. For a moment, he forgot about what happened a few hours ago and actually enjoyed the present with Minjun who seemed to have stolen his heart.

He felt free. Something he never felt in years.

Being trapped in his house, he never got to experience what freedom actually felt like. He always had to be home at a certain time and if he was a bit late, he'd have to receive a punishment, which mostly consisted of getting fifty whips on the back or cutting his skin with a pocket knife. It also consisted of the regular beatings he had to put up with on a daily basis and he wasn't sure how many bones he has broken till now.

"Bunny?" Minjun's voice pulled him out of his thoughts, making him snap his head towards the small boy who looked up at him with glossy eyes and a small pout. A small frown settled on his face as he immidiately crouched in front of the boy.

"What happened, Jun?"

"Why you hurt?" He gestured at the bandages wrapped around the male's arm, who sighed softly before turning to look at the boy.

"Well, I-I fell." He mumbled sheepishly, biting his bottom lip at the stupid lie, and hoping Minjun would buy it. The aforementioned boy frowned at his words, thinking for a moment before meeting his gaze again,

"You should be careful, bunny."

"Okay, sweetheart. I'll be careful from now." Jeongguk grinned, his bunny smile spreading across his face as he grinned like a fool. He figured that he had a thing for kids and couldn't resist them. Well, it's not like he got to see kids on a daily basis.

Jeongguk hoisted himself up and grabbed Minjun's hand again as they walked towards the entrance, leaving the maid to fret over the absence of the boy that Jeongguk failed to notice. 

"Are you sure your father isn't here?" Jeongguk queried, a concerned look etching on his face, "Maybe we could look for him you know. So he could take you wherever you want. It's bad to be with strangers anyway, he must be worried."

"Okay! Let's search for my dada!" The boy giggled, loving the way he could fool people around with his power, oblivious to the consequences of it.

"Where is he, Jun? When did you last see him?"

"In the. . .park!" He answered enthusiastically, his wide eyes looking up at the bunny intently, loving the way the bunny would frown or gnaw at his bottom lip. Minjun could just sit and admire him all day and babble about the most random things to him. He enjoyed the company of the young male more than he ever did with his own friends. And of course, he didn't wish to leave the male alone.

"Then he must be around here," Jeongguk mumbled to himself as he looked around, attempting to figure out a way to bring the boy to his dad. "Tell me if you find him somewhere."

The boy nodded, a smile playing on his lips as he glanced back at the bunny boy, who had a concerned look on his face as he contemplated his thoughts. A giggle left the small boy's lips as he watched the male walk around with a distressed look on his face.

"I'll tell the guards. They might get you back to your daddy." Jeongguk stated, about to walk away to one of the guards when the small boy gasped and pulled him back by his finger that was wrapped around the boy's.

"No! I-I mean, we don't need to tell the guards you know. . .he must be here. And if not, then. . .we'll go out to the police I guess?" Minjun cringed internally at the suggestion— police meant that he'd definitely collide with his uncles and he certainly didn't want that.