23. Sometimes, Villains Need Counselling

The 57th expedition was coming to a close. Everyone in the scouts were miticullusly preparing for this very event as they guided the new recruits about the expected positions given on each flank.

They were divided in different directions and Eren's location was exposed differently from each team. This was Erwin's plan. Y/n nodded to it and approved since this is actually the most effective way. It bought some time before the female titan found Eren but the preparation wasn't all that enough to stop her at all and killed more.

Y/n once looked at Erwin in the eye and asked of she could come only to be flatly rejected by the man.

Sighing in disappointment, she didn't argue anymore. She has a plan on her own anyway.

It was full moon, the dim night consumed by darkness can now be viewed by the strong contrast of shadows. Inside the castle walls which is also known as the scout's main headquarters was lit by torches and candles.

In a room, a map had been spread out on the wide table as a number of people surrounded it.

It was silent. The atmosphere was heavy as they looked at the saintess whom had crossed her arms and looked at the map.

"Y/n. Are you certain?" Erwin asked.

Her, Erwin, Mike, Hange and Levi were the only ones currently present.

"Yes. From this flank on the right. It would surely start here going towards Eren." She pointed out a certain direction on memory. This is where Annie will be appearing. Which means that people here would be the ones dying first before the flank would be greatly reduced into almost half.

"According to what I've seen, with the premise of ability, Levi can actually beat her." She explained. Although I don't know if I'm all rusted after years of not using this body, but I think I'm still doing fine, maybe I can even fight her face to face.

"Only Levi?" Erwin asked.

"Well if you combine me and Mike, We stand a chance!" She replied.

Levi glared at her. "How will we defeat it?" He asked.

"I think Erwin has a plan."

"That will fail." He continued.

The girl sighed and placed both hands on her cheeks. "I did promise to save people." She mumbled. Maybe it's time to see the cause of this. "I'll see what I can do tomorrow."

Dismissing the evening meeting, everyone quietly sat there. They did not disperse yet, but digested the information that Y/n had disclosed. When it was an hour passed, Y/n stood up and left.

Behind her, Levi followed.

The two quietly trailed the path of the corridor without any conversation until Y/n reached her door then she turned to Levi.

"What do you think of your squad?" She decided to ask.

"They are all skilled." Levi replied. Y/n blinked and hummed.

"Do you have eyes on any particular person?" She asked.

"I have."

Really? Are you certain? Is it Petra? She placed a hand on her chin as she thought about the possibility that it's Petra but did not further her questions. She eyed him again and opened the door.

"I see, that's quite good. Now think about it and sleep." She said.

"How can I sleep thinking about it?" How do you expect me to sleep when I can't even blink thinking about you, you cruel wench.